Anyone know anything about this old Dacor BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may be normal, early horsecollar BCs were often very small and the intent was to keep your face above the water since they were designed after Mae West type life preservers---get it--Mae West? The dual bladder unit I pictured is not that type, it comes below my natural waist, actually quite low thus keeping the center of lift , well, centered for a horizontal swimming position. Many also used a crotch strap to help keep them from floating up around your face. Since divers of that era had probably been trained with no BC and therefore understood weighting and wets suits were a luxury much less a dry suit their small capacity sufficed and little air was normally introduced into them preventing them from trying to float you vertical in the water or constantly be pulling up on your--well--I will leave it there. I imagine the unit I pictured only has about 15 lbs of lift, maybe a touch more, in the lower bag. The upper section being used for surface flotation or emergency use only. N

I'm sorry Herman but I have looked at all the places this thing might be and have had no luck so far. I also looked at the dive shop the other night in the old stuff bin and couldn't find one. I will keep looking though.

Tom Smedley:
I had what you need in my hand the other day. I never throw vintage stuff away so I think I still have it but may be wrong. I looked around in the dark and didn't see it but give me until I can search in the daylight tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks a lot for looking.
I have an old shop in town that may have something. If I can't find one, I can always put a modern inflator on the hose.

Even if you put a modern inflator on it keep the old one so you can restore to original specs when and if the Dacor connector is found.

Back
Top Bottom