Anyone interested in AOW Denver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm taking my AOW at the Blue Hole in NM on March 12/13th.

It is with A1 scuba. Anyone insterested in AOW from Denver? At this time I am the ONLY student signed up for Blue Hole AOW which means that I will get private instruction :wink:

While this idea is Very appealing, I just thought I'd throw it out as if anyone has considered AOW, this is a good opportuntiy to get training, and the class WILL be small (right now VERY small). It is with A1 (a 5 star PADI shop), I know the instructor, and she does a good job.

If anyone is interested I believe the cost for the AOW dives is $139, and I'm looking for someone to share gas down as my truck kinda sucks the stuff in.

If anyone is interested feel free to PM me, or just respond to the thread.

Hey Ron,
We will be going down the the hole on the 12th and 13th, also. (Odyssey Diving) I know what you are talking about with the gas thing. My truck runs thru the gas like turning a faucet of water on. I am going to California the 4th thru the 10th of march, then hitting the Blue Hole on the way back. I will be in the wifes car, so gas will be better. This trip is out, but, if you want to share gas on future trips, I will be up for that. We go once a month, may be we can compare dates. Thanks, Rick

Rickster:
Hey Ron,
We will be going down the the hole on the 12th and 13th, also. (Odyssey Diving) I know what you are talking about with the gas thing. My truck runs thru the gas like turning a faucet of water on. I am going to California the 4th thru the 10th of march, then hitting the Blue Hole on the way back. I will be in the wifes car, so gas will be better. This trip is out, but, if you want to share gas on future trips, I will be up for that. We go once a month, may be we can compare dates. Thanks, Rick

in doing future trips. While the Hole may not be ideal, it's the best place for me to practice. Maybe we shall see one another on the March trip.

We also have a car that get's good gas milage, unfortunately my wife HATES to drive the Truck (Ford F250 Super), and is NOT willing to do so for the weekend. She would rather have me burn extra cash.

I'm up for the Hole when the dates work. I don't have tanks or weights, so I need to rent those (no problem, but need to reserve them a couple days in advance).

When RU planning on going in April and/or May? I'd likely be up for doing one of those months.

The dates we are scheduled are Apr. 16th & 17th, then May 14th & 15th. I don't have a problem with using my wifes car, she always goes with me. She is support staff for the shop. :wink: We always drive down Friday, then come back sunday afternoon, maybe we can get a night dive in friday night? We usually sink our training platform on friday, also, but sometimes on sat morn. I think it would be fun.
Rick

Rickster:
The dates we are scheduled are Apr. 16th & 17th, then May 14th & 15th. I don't have a problem with using my wifes car, she always goes with me. She is support staff for the shop. :wink: We always drive down Friday, then come back sunday afternoon, maybe we can get a night dive in friday night? We usually sink our training platform on friday, also, but sometimes on sat morn. I think it would be fun.
Rick

I'll be AOW certified by then, and the night dive sounds like fun.

I'll check my schedule, and we should hook up.

I'll PM you as the dates draw closer, and we should definately try an maybe hookup for lunch or dinner while downt there in March. I'll be doing one night dive in March for AOW, but not sure if it would be Friday or Sat.

RonFrank:
I'll be AOW certified by then, and the night dive sounds like fun.

I'll check my schedule, and we should hook up.

I'll PM you as the dates draw closer, and we should definately try an maybe hookup for lunch or dinner while downt there in March. I'll be doing one night dive in March for AOW, but not sure if it would be Friday or Sat.

That sounds great! You can contact me at tnrpar@comcast.net
Rick

Back
Top Bottom