Anyone interested for 6-17-05 at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axewizard:
Hey Foo...you wanted to know about what happened to Mrs. Axe...the long and the short of it was that she was too rusty in her skills, got spacially disoriented, and almost panicked...it sucked for her that day.

She just needs to get her confidence back and dive with us and I think she'll be fine.

How long ago was this, was it right after her open water cert or something? Was she at CSSP during this incident, and has she done any pool work since then? In a pool would be good, since the water is clear and she could relax, and get the feel for diving again. Also, tell her that we can do 10 feet or less at CSSP and let her be where she can see the bottom and the top, so she can get oriented, while knowing she's in very shallow water. Let me know if I (or any of the Swampdivers- they would all be willing) can help!
Foo

Foo, I appreciate your help on this one. She's been doing a lot of skill stuff in a pool and I had her re-read her manual. I think the big secret here is to bring her out to CSSP and have her dive with the group. She just needs a little more hand-holding and she'll be fine.

She's looking forward to coming out there and diving again. Now the trick is when! Yikes!!

We're gonna try to put something together around the 1st (my birthday...ugh), and it's possible that it will also involve the little Axe's also. Could be fun. :)

Here are a few pics I took at CSSP during our first dive on June 17...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom