Anyone interested for 6-17-05 at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like I am out again this Fri./Sat. at CSSP,,,,working the scuba shop---its been very busy----THAT IS GOOD!!! Sunday being Fathers Day have plans with my dad. Have fun and look for the small army of SIS divers this Sat. at CSSP...our shop will be out in force. :)

Two Foos will be joining you on Friday, arriving very early, as usual. I plan to dive my Foo head off, as it is my last opportunity for a while. So yall don't be acting like wimps, ya hear? Frankdr, you going to make this one? Friday diving beckons...

So, what kind of vis do yall predict? I haven't been there in a couple of weekends, I've gotten kind of spoiled to the excellent vis we've had all spring, and am hoping for no algae blooms as of yet. Any of you smart people out there know more than me about the predicted clouding of the lake at this time of the year? (Firefyter, don't try to answer...;o) Was the vis low last weekend mainly due to lots of peeps out there on the bottom, or algae probs? In your expert opinions? Also, the temp was...? Thermocline was at what depth?

I just hope you get another good catfish pic, FF. With me in the background. Or maybe we'll see an albino bass. ;o)

Foo

Last Friday it was 82 degrees on top with a thermocline at about 25 feet that dropped the temp to about 72 to74 degrees.
Thats down right sultry isn't it !!! I know its still chilly down low but still not any worse then 60 or so. There is a slight visible haze at the thermocline... slight.
The water is hazy. There was not a bunch of stuff floating in it,it was just hazy to a point that I thought my mask was fogged all the time. I guess you could see decent up to 12 feet away and after that it fogged out. You could sorta see the shark when you were about 10 feet above it. If you didn't know it was there you could swim right by it and never see it. When you went inside you had to swim half way through before you could see the exit hole in his tail. Overall the Vis. was poor for CSSP. The bass are everywhere and so are the perch. 'Only saw a few catfish and 3 turtles.

I will be a CSSP on Saturday, the 18th. Should be in the area near the metal steps on the southwest shore by the camping area. Should have a large group as it's our dive club outing. If you're there and see the Diving Rebels banner, stop by and say hello.

Why can't I see the countdown clocks? Am I not turtlely enough for the turtle club?

Foo:
Why can't I see the countdown clocks? Am I not turtlely enough for the turtle club?

I believe it has something to do with which view you are using. I am using the SB Portal View. I think I remember early on that with the classic view you could not see the countdown clocks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom