Anyone interested for 6-17-05 at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad we got to go play today, it was a blast seeing ScubaTexan, Axewizard, Sealskin98, Firefyter, Mrs. FF (please apologize to Peyton, somehow we ended up with her Macadamia nut cookies!! I plead innocence!), and our new friend Dana, who I thought was with Axe, but turns out he wasn't. The diving was most excellent, even though the vis has reduced a bit, it's still a great little lake to dive, especially on Fridays.

Our second dive (some people's third dive)was just as awesome, we took a slow cruise around the south wall this time, and ended up with about an 84 min. dive, so many fish, scenery & turtles to see! Lots & lots of baby fish. We named one big bass Spot, as he has a black eye, spotted like a dog or horse. Some of those catfish are about 3' long, they are so cool. And I really love the walls at that lake, if you hover at 20' depth you can see all the way up and down the wall, even in 20' vis. Which is better than it's going to be soon, so I enjoyed that vis immensely, even though it's less than it's been earlier this spring. Happy diving this weekend, folks!

Foo

Hey Foo, it was great seeing you and The Donald again, as well as Tom and Peyton, Sealskin, Axewizard (you're officially a Swamp Diver now -- I'll add you as soon as I can) and Dana. The two dives I got to do were great -- especially getting to play with the turtle on the second dive.

Mike -- we're going to have another gathering whenever we can get everyone together. Haven't decided if it's going to be indoors (at a restaurant) or outdoors (CSSP) yet, but stay tuned to this station for further bulletins. We now return you to your regular programming...:D

We had a great time as well. It was nice to meet and dive with Axewizard, and always great to see everybody else, even Foo. :wink: First she "borrows" my dive watch, now she steals my cookies BEFORE I even get to eat any :11:
Somehow, I don't think the cookies will be returned in as good a shape as the watch was...lol. Ken, I'm sorry you were so late getting out of there, I hope you made it the game on time and enjoyed yourself as well. That's another thing we can blame on Foo. Does anybody see a pattern developing here?...LOL.

In total, I logged 2 hours 56 minuted bottom time yesterday. Add to that getting to visit with good friends, and it was a GREAT day. Looking forward to the next time.

It was definately a great time. Now I need to get Mrs. Axe out there. Perhaps if she dives with us, it'll break some of the ice off of her. She's still a bit skittish after she almost freaked out on me last time.

Firefyter:
Ken, I'm sorry you were so late getting out of there, I hope you made it the game on time and enjoyed yourself as well. That's another thing we can blame on Foo. Does anybody see a pattern developing here?...LOL.

Yes, I got to the game on time and had a good time at the game. I had a better time diving with you guys, though. :)

Firefyter:
It was nice to meet and dive with Axewizard, and always great to see everybody else, even Foo. :wink:
Thank you, dahlink! I feel the luv!
Firefyter:
First she "borrows" my dive watch, now she steals my cookies BEFORE I even get to eat any :11:
...like taking candy from a baby. :wink:
Firefyter:
Somehow, I don't think the cookies will be returned in as good a shape as the watch was...lol. Ken, I'm sorry you were so late getting out of there, I hope you made it the game on time and enjoyed yourself as well. That's another thing we can blame on Foo. Does anybody see a pattern developing here?...LOL. .
Returned? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! As if they even exist anymore! And, that's okay... blame your problems on me, because I can take it. I have no problem with getting you back...I'll just put a knot in your clothesline. :wink: Or maybe I'll time my arrival at the dive site just in time to make you float around for 15 mins waiting on me... oops, oh yeah, I already pulled that one- twice! Dang, I'm good! :eyebrow:
Firefyter:
In total, I logged 2 hours 56 minuted bottom time yesterday. Add to that getting to visit with good friends, and it was a GREAT day. Looking forward to the next time.

I agree, it was a most excellent day, despite Firefyter's unfortunate sinus issues... kinda fun to let him get in his SUV for the ride home and discover that he shoulda wiped his nose... :crafty:

Foo

Axewizard:
It was definately a great time. Now I need to get Mrs. Axe out there. Perhaps if she dives with us, it'll break some of the ice off of her. She's still a bit skittish after she almost freaked out on me last time.
Hey Axe, what kind of problems did she have, exactly? And, did she have any other women to dive with when she went before? I think it's really a bit comforting for women (when they first start diving, anyway) to have another female around, it's not quite as intimidating. Even if I can't dive for a while, Peyton, myself and hopefully Jana will be able to help her and give her some support. Didn't you say it was really cold when she went, also? Warm water is much less stressful, the water temp is really perfect right now, don't you think?

Foo

Foo...I'll fill ya in later....

Gotta open the store today...UGH!!!! I hate getting up this early!

At least I'm off at 2

Firefyter:
First she "borrows" my dive watch, now she steals my cookies BEFORE I even get to eat any :11:

Your dive watch really helped me out a bunch! But, now you're just jealous because of my new one... yep, I stared for a long time at the ones for $7.94, but in the long run I figured it would be worth the $9.97 for a quality watch. So far it's been one of the best gear investments I've made...

Hey Foo...you wanted to know about what happened to Mrs. Axe...the long and the short of it was that she was too rusty in her skills, got spacially disoriented, and almost panicked...it sucked for her that day.

She just needs to get her confidence back and dive with us and I think she'll be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom