Anyone heard of Nasution Scuba Supply?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cosak69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I found some great deals on scuba gear at Nasution Scuba Supply. Does anyone know anything about them? Prices are very low. It makes me very leery. Located in Indonesia. Advertised as worlds largest scuba gear retailer. If anyone has any knowledge or experience with them I would appreciate it. I don't want to spend money on gear and never get anything. Thanks.

Anyone heard of Nasution Scuba Supply?
Only since you posted it here...lol. Does this look like the worlds largest Scuba retailer?
7.jpg

Close to you this might be a better option:
Divers Direct | Dive Shops Ft Lauderdale Fl - Fort Lauderdale SCUBA Equipment Sales | Divers Direct

Last edited:
I found some great deals on scuba gear at Nasution Scuba Supply. Does anyone know anything about them? Prices are very low. It makes me very leery. Located in Indonesia. Advertised as worlds largest scuba gear retailer. If anyone has any knowledge or experience with them I would appreciate it. I don't want to spend money on gear and never get anything. Thanks.

This google search turns up pretty much nothing. They're invisible. While I have no idea if they're legitimate, I can pretty much guarantee that they're not the "worlds largest scuba retailer"

google: "Nasution Scuba Supply" -site:nasutioncubasupply.com

I'd not be in a hurry to use them unless you use a credit card and are certain that your CC company will back you up if anything "funny" happens.

flots

Some of their prices lead me to believe that they're grey market or there's some hidden add-on. The thing you would most want to check is warranty coverage. Some mfr's will not provide warranty or service on items purchased outside the U.S. for U.S. based divers. It sounds like Nasution may provide their own warranty if you're willing to return the item to them also.

Warranty Returns
Should your product develop a fault whilst still under warranty, we shall sort it for you.
Please contact us before returning warranty items as some can be sent to the manufacturer direct to speed up turnaround times.
However the postage costs to return the product to us will be at your expense.

This makes me a little wary also - on their shipping page they evidently overlooked the template instructions since it starts with:
Shipping & Returns
To edit this page simply login to the control panel, click the Website Content tab and choose the View Web Pages option. Click Edit next to the Shipping & Returns page and you can change this text. A sample returns policy is shown below which you can edit as needed.

They also registered their domain name thru privacyprotect.org on Feb 14, 2013. So we're expected to believe that they've become the largest scuba retailer in the world in 5 months?

"Nasution Scuba Supply" -site:nasutioncubasupply.com
They missed the "s" in scuba...lol.

It's why that large online retailer in Europe (can't think of the name right now) can offer things so cheaply also - for warranty repair you send it back to them. And can't register your product in the U.S. either with some of the gear they sell.

On items like the Aeris A100 console, Nasution is at $349. LeisurePro is at $359. For $10 you can get it here from an authorized dealer.

It seems like their prices get better on the more expensive items. I'd be very wary of that personally.

Last edited:
It's why that large online retailer in Europe (can't think of the name right now) can offer things so cheaply also - for warranty repair you send it back to them. And can't register your product in the U.S. either with some of the gear they sell.

If you are thinking of DiveInn (aka Scubastore) in Spain, they are a reputable dealer and many board members purchased items from them. They were able to sell for so cheap because of one word, competition. The EU does not allow MAPs or restricted territories, so they were allowed to sell anywhere. From my understanding, the EU ruled that their regulations are only valid within the EU so that manufacturers could restrict sales from EU countries to non-EU countries (but not within the EU). This restricted the bulk of DiveInn's sales to the US as the manufacturers threatened to pull their dealership agreement.

These people I am not too sure of. First, the sign looks photo-shopped to me.

key_largo_7.jpg

I thought the place looked familiar it is the old Scuba Outlet in Key Largo.

Second, they do not show up as a dealer for either Aqualung or Scubapro.

Third, some of their graphics and verbiage is stolen from Scuba.com.

Second, they do not show up as a dealer for either Aqualung or Scubapro.

Third, some of their graphics and verbiage is stolen from Scuba.com.
Good work,

I'd seen that shark coming out of the wall above the door somewhere before...just couldn't place it.

Good work,

I remembered seeing that shark coming out of the wall above the door somewhere before...

LOL, so did I. That is what got me thinking that I seen this before either in Florida City or Key Largo.

key_largo_7.jpg

Funny, using Google Earth the landscape around 108 Nusa Dua Benoa Bali, Indonesia looks nothing like that image either.

Thanks for all the info. Very good with the research and spotting the real location! You guys are good! You guys found out a lot in a short time.

Hello all

I wish I had been as savvy and wise as you all. I am sorry to say that I have been scammed just in the last three weeks by Nasution. I transferred money via Western Union. I haven't received any gear and when I call the number it is disconnected. They haven't replied to my emails for 10 days.

Do not use Nasution Scuba. They are not legitimate. Good on you all for spotting it. Wish I had

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom