Anyone heading to Venice this Sat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1

GDI Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Finally done with PT (Rotator Cuff repair)and I thinking of giving Venice a try this Sat.
Keep in mind my left arm not 100% yet. But been diving in the pool and have had no Problem. Anyone interested?

Sunday would be better for me.

Well, count me in for one day, anyway :).

We can do sunday. This is a test dive for me. I have'nt been in the water or 4 months now. You guys tell me when and where and I'll meet you there.

Awwhhh bummer Fred, I was looking forward to diving with ya again. It's been too long! Get well soon buddy!

Back.. rotator cuff.. whats next?? BTW, here's the red tide report:

As of 06/15/05
In General:
Red tide and its effects are being reported in near shore waters between Tampa Bay and Charlotte Harbor. Cell counts are fluctuating between low and high. Dead fish and respiratory irritation are being reported from St. Petersburg to Venice.

Southwest Florida Gulf of Mexico
A red tide bloom is currently found from lower Tampa Bay southward to Venice. Moderate to high concentrations were reported by Mote Marine Laboratory in Sarasota Bay, with low to moderate concentrations reported by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute elsewhere within the bloom area. Dead fish and respiratory irritation have been observed throughout the area as well.

Scientists from Mote and the FWRI are continuing to monitor the situation and to pursue research into factors affecting dynamics of the bloom, adverse effects from the toxins and ways to mitigate these effects. The amount of respiratory irritation will depend on the direction and intensity of the wind. Light winds and winds blowing off-shore should minimize adverse effects along the beaches. Sporadic reports of dead fish and respiratory irritation may occur, depending on local conditions. It is important to note that as atmospheric and oceanic conditions change, algal bloom conditions change as well, making forecasting very difficult.

WEll, with the red tide, I think I am gonna pass on this trip and stay on this coast.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom