Anyone have or seen the new DAN Safety snausage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wet-willie:
Just curious, those of you that have a substantial SMB such as the DAN one, how and where do you secure it? My older BC had a pocket that I could stuff it in if it was very tightly rolled. My new BC doesnt have that option. I have hung it from a D-ring but it sure does add to the danglies.

Willie

i just got mine in the mail and I am wondering the same thing.. anyone have any ideas to attach it to a BP or a standard hog harness?

I just got back from my week in Roatan. I ended up clipping mine to the ring furthest back on the left side. I could reach it but it wasnt in the way. I clipped my finger spool on the furthest back on the right.

One other piece of advice. I did my first dive with the rig securely wrapped (I thought) only to look back during descent to see it trailing behind me. At least it was good practice securing it while submerged. :) On future dives, I made sure it was tight.

I took the opportunity to deploy it twice on this trip. Both times the water was a bit rough and they had a hang bar for safety stops. I told the boat captain ahead of time so he wouldnt wonder what was up and I deployed the DAN smb and did my safety stop suspended from it. I was quite pleased with my performance both times although the second time was definitely smoother. I highly recommend practicing when you have the chance.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom