Anyone have or seen the new DAN Safety snausage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have several options where to mount the SMB.

For the OMS IQ pack there is a pouch you can purchase or the OMS Emergency System.
4c_1.JPG

64_12.JPG

So just to clarify, as I am looking for a new SMB, can you put your regulator under it and hit purge to fill it? I do not want to hook anything that bouyant to myself with a solid connection, and yes I do know how to swim down as I fill it. Hoping I wouldn't have to with a bottom fill. Just hit purge and let er rip. Also if it does have a flap does it self seal so it will stand up right at the surface with just a little pressure and not loose pressure if it falls over? The SMB I have now is blown up by mouth only and it does not have an over pressure valve. Does the D.A.N. SMB have an over pressure valve? In the pictures it is hard to tell.

Please visit DiveRite's website and read how to properly deploy a SMB faq.

wet-willie:
Just curious, those of you that have a substantial SMB such as the DAN one, how and where do you secure it? My older BC had a pocket that I could stuff it in if it was very tightly rolled. My new BC doesnt have that option. I have hung it from a D-ring but it sure does add to the danglies.
Willie

I have a ScubaPro Classic+, so I'm not blessed with as many attachment points ans the folks with BPs.

I have 2 Carters. One fits (barely) into a BC pocket. The other one is bungied next to the tank.

Terry

I have read quite a bit on deploying an SMB. Might have even read their site, but alas it is not working to find a link even. I will not claim to be any kind of diving expert and am willing to read any article presented to me.

There are a couple of things you might not realize either. I am very close to neutral at the surface, as I dive the same equipment everytime, with steel tanks, and would like to think I have my weight about right. We also have to wear thick gloves to combat the cold water here. Makes fumbling with connections and seals that much harder.

So do you know the answers to my questions?

Peter_C:
Does the D.A.N. SMB have an over pressure valve? In the pictures it is hard to tell.
Here are a few pictures of the DAN SMB and relief valve.

Willie

rapidiver:
Hey, that looks familiar! :D
I wonder why???

I purchased mine and got excellent service from --> Rapidiver.

Willie

I think the extra "D" rings are for being able to attach it once inflated in various ways.

I think the catalog advertises it being able to be used as a small liftbag being capable of 30 pounds of lift. I didn't bring home the catalog to confim this but I remember seeing it someplace.

Parrothead Fish, you won't be disappointed it is a great product and is well constructed and thought out as many have already said.

Mark

You can also attach the D-ring at the top to the clip at the other end to make a floatation device to go under the arms and around the back of a victim needing floatation assistance. At least that is what the DAN rep for our area told us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom