anyone have experience with The Suites at Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sohnje

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone have experience with The Suites at Key Largo or Amorays dive center ? Are they roach motels or are they fair? Any feedback appreciated.

Also any dive operation associated with these hotels that give good packages?

Figure $200 per room per night for two at The Suites at Key Largo, an old-line Largo type place, nothing fancy. But it's a Best Western managed suite with all which a room in a hotel doesn't have. Also, for a diving trip, you don't it too nice, that you can't drag your equipment in and wash in the shower; some suites have two baths. Pool. Restaurant. Family atmosphere (not a Girls Gone Wild type of place). I last stayed there in 2003.

Amoray Dive Resort runs a six-pack and a cattle boat that is almost never full, which is good, more room. The staff is easy to get along with and the boat crew will work with you on dive site selection. Remember, winds in the Springtime may dictate where you can go. I stayed at Amorays Dive Resort in 2004, and it's clean and the staff is nice with well-kept grounds; can be crowded and noisy; Continental breakfast. They also offer room/dive packages with the Marriott. Cheap and good food can be had at the Hobo's Cafe right next door.

Silent World books rooms at the Suites often. They are a 2 level condo type of room. Queen bed and bathroom upstairs, downstairs a full kitchen, queen size sofa sleepter and full bath. There is also a screened in deck that over looks the canal.

Hobo's is NO longer next to Amoray Resort. They have relocated next to the Yellow Bait House about about MM102.

IF you call the Suites of Key Largo you'll get a better price than whats on the internet. As far as Amy goes ,,, They always do a good job.

sohnje:
Anyone have experience with The Suites at Key Largo or Amorays dive center ? Are they roach motels or are they fair? Any feedback appreciated.

Also any dive operation associated with these hotels that give good packages?

Hi,

We book customers into the Suites regularly - never any complaints. Its no longer a Best Western and has been recently refurbished with new management. Queen bed with en-suite upstairs and a queen pull out sofa downstairs with a bathroom, kitchenette and balcony. Nice canal views, good location and a small pool.

I get discounted rates for anyone diving with us. PM me or call me at 305-451-3252 if you would like any further info.

Thanks

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom