Anyone have any pics of the Speigel Grove they would like to share?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Tours N Iraq`

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am starting this thread in an effort to get pictures of the Speigel Grove to share with a Marine Colonel that I work for. When he was a younger officer, he served aboard the Speigel Grove for 6 months and has several pictures of her when she was still afloat. Now he is looking for pictures of her lying on the bottom. If anyone has good pictures of her and wouldn't mind sharing them, I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure may other divers and Navy & Marine Corps personnel who served aboard her would as well. My sincere thanks in advance for all the posted pictures.

I'm sure there are many but here is a link to start with. good luck

http://www.fla-keys.com/spiegelgrove/photogallery/index.htm

2Tours N Iraq`:
I am starting this thread in an effort to get pictures of the Speigel Grove to share with a Marine Colonel that I work for. When he was a younger officer, he served aboard the Speigel Grove for 6 months and has several pictures of her when she was still afloat. Now he is looking for pictures of her lying on the bottom. If anyone has good pictures of her and wouldn't mind sharing them, I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure may other divers and Navy & Marine Corps personnel who served aboard her would as well. My sincere thanks in advance for all the posted pictures.

Scuba_010.jpg

Scuba_028.jpg

Scuba_026.jpg

Scuba_003.jpg

Here are a few from my last trip to the Keys.

WJL:
These are from a dive in February 2005.

very nice pics...

now, if only those guys were DIR, they could have had so much more fun

:eyebrow:

countryboy:
here are a few from April 30th of this year..

i love your flag picture... here's a little tinkering with Photoshop:

Here is a link to my web site with one of my weekly newspaper columns that I wrote about diving the wrecks of SE Florida including the Spiegel Grove. I have a number of pictures of the ship itself, but I'm rushing to get ready for a trip. If interested, PM me and I'll try to send a ZIP archive of them when I return next week.

http://www.starthrower.org/products/DDDB/DDDB_100-149/DDDB_139 nervous wreck.htm

...Retired Army here, I believe it was back in '85 sometime, my company came up from Ft. Bragg to Little Creek Amphib Base for amphib training and we were aboard the Spiegel Grove for training...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom