Anyone have any experience building an E-commerce site with Frontpage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone has any experience building an E-commerce site with the newest Frontpage, and how difficult it is. I have built pages in the past with Frontpage, some of them somewhat complex, but have never built an E-commerce site. I'm looking to be able to put items in a "cart", then check out, and be able to accept credit cards. Anyone? Thanks so much for your input.

Does anyone know of a forum site where it would be good to obtain this information?

Don't take this the wrong way.. but, if you're creating a business page where people will be conducting financial transactions, you really need to go to someone with experience with it.

Have you taken a look at Miva Merchant? I tried the Frontpage way and had trouble with it.

jonnythan:
Don't take this the wrong way.. but, if you're creating a business page where people will be conducting financial transactions, you really need to go to someone with experience with it.

I've built a few very large informational sites for companies of acquaintances that I know. I have never built one for E-commerce. Please dont take this the wrong way....but if you never try anything, not only will you never have success, but you'll also never gain experience. You really dont need to go to school to learn how to do this stuff (no offense to someone that has)....you have to go to school to be an EXPERT at this stuff. So until I throw in the towel, I'm going to give it a whirl.

With all due respect, I wouldn't be giving a customer's financial and credit card information "a whirl." I'd say more but I better not :wink:

"I" specifically am not taking credit card numbers. A private company, that is secure I might add, does that, and I pay for their services. "I" never see anyone's card number or information - except on where to ship the product.

I'm glad you wont say more Jonnythan, because that isnt what I was asking in my initial thread. I asked if anyone has done this. You obviously have not....therefore, I dont require your advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom