anyone good at dealing with car sales guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None, I do not put diving stickers or plates or plate frames on my cars or trucks.

None, I do not put diving stickers or plates or plate frames on my cars or trucks.
Me neither. My car is completely debaged (Well almost as the front and rear Toyota emblems are pinned not double stick tape). I have been debaging my vehicles and boats since my first one. People always used to ask me what kind of boat I owned, even though it was pretty easy to tell by the inward sloped transom.

Sorry, that photo of the Daytona Coupe had a lot of (nondiving) stickers shown on it.

Haha Thal, but I meant our new Mazda owner. The only dive stickers we have are one IANTD sticker on each vehicle. I'm suprized the "no bumper sticker" person in household even stuck those on.

Oh wait. He didn't, I did it for him!!

Small dive flag window decal on rear driver's side, I don't like to advertise too much. The only debadging I did was the dealer stuff.

I've been working with several Mercedes dealers in my area; and what I mean by "working with" is that they've told me their best price, and they refuse to budge.

All of the dealers are within about $100 of each other:shakehead:. I wonder if corporate Benz has anything to do with this?

to remove a sticker use a blow drier (low heat, use gently!), or have that side of the car facing the sun.
Use a fingernail run up and down under/along edge to lift up an edge to get started with, and keep doing that as you go to keep it from tearing into little strips (you can use something soft like a bondo spatula too but a fingernail is better).. do it while that car is fairly new, less than a year old, so the stickers are still pliable and you don't leave an outline on the paint

I only removed the 4X4 decals on my truck .. Oh, and the emblem on mine is no longer an Silverado LT
.. it's now a Silverado DB :)

Licence frames ... remember when they used to be cast metal?
... I found a stash of really old ones like that at the dealership .. that's what I put on the front of my 09 :cool2:

I've been working with several Mercedes dealers in my area; and what I mean by "working with" is that they've told me their best price, and they refuse to budge.

All of the dealers are within about $100 of each other:shakehead:. I wonder if corporate Benz has anything to do with this?
Was this all done via email?

There are also brokers you can purchase cars from.

I hope you got a cherry turquoise over white '57 Chevy Nomad Wagon.

My Turquoise and white was a 54 Belair (2 door post). Thus my screen name.

Replaced the stovebolt with a small block:D

Finally sold it to a guy that came knocking every year to buy it.

Now I ride low in a Triumph Spitfire.

Back
Top Bottom