Anyone going to the Haigh this Weekend ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be out there Sunday doing my drysuit cert dives...I may be up for more dives but of course that depends on my undergarments being adequate for the conditions and the length of my training dives.

Alright, Sunday's drysuit cert dives confirmed, 7:00AM...Whoohooo!

I'll be there at 8am, but if you are diving early, I might make the extra effort to crawl out of my cave.

Don't forget about daylight saving time. Some would also remind you to change the battery in your smoke detector.

Conditions at Haigh today- 41f with 15' - 20' vis. As usual, it's better earlier. There were a few classes going on- some even had wetsuit divers. Yikes!

I finally adjusted my harness to fit and I got my scuba groove back! I joined Dean and River Rat for a tour of the south end. We swam by the Flamingo, the new Flamingo cutter, the Larc, and stopped to look at the truck. Dean snapped few pictures while I dusted off the USMC logo on the door.

It did rain a bit after we surfaced, so I jumped in again to avoid the rain. :D Dean and River Rat did a dive in the deep hole where the wrestled with the paddlefish for over 20 minutes until they were able to escape from it's gaping maw. You can barely see the scar where it bit them in half. :D

OK, I'm stoked now...41 degrees today and nice and toasy in the new drysuit. The first dive there was a defenite disconnect between my torso and feet but the second dive, found my groove. See you all next weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom