Anyone ever Shoot in TIFF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nope, I don't really. I have backed up important docs in the past to cd, but that is the exception. I really should, I know I am playing with fire. My old laptop just started having problems and I got a newer one ( needed a new one anyway) before the old one dies and migrated everything onto it. My mainframe has a 100gb scratch drive with everything there so if the c drive dies I lose nothing but that is about it.

I guess I better get busy since ya'll just jinxed me...

I hear about people all the time who lost all family photos since digital cameras became popular because they trusted their computers. If one dies, you might pull the HD out and put it into an enclosure Walmart.com: MicroPac - USB 2.0 Super Slim 2.5 Inch Aluminum Hard Drive Enclosure, Black : Computers (I think?) to make it into a large flash drive and salvage your docs; my dive bud had one die last week and then had the HD installed into his new one as a slave; but if you have to reformat - you lose what's there. Why risk it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom