Anyone ever Shoot in TIFF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I've never tried it. Heard that my DC500 can also take "photos in TIFF format (14.1MB/photo), which are much higher quality and sharper than JPEG's (approx 4MB/photo)."

Of course, now I am going to try some, but 2 Gb cards, one could still shoot 145 pics before download - and I download every day. Then what...?

Can you shoot RAW Don? If you are able to do some editing, I think it would be the preferred format. I always shoot RAW.

Not on DC500. Looks like I do indeed get a 14.1 mb pic. I can work with it in Adobe or the Infraview program I recently started playing with. :hmmm:

Don.... Can I hijack your thread for just a moment please?

Dennis..

How and or where Can I learn more about RAW.

I am starting collage Photo classes next month but don't know if it deals with RAW.

Any info can help me, Thank you very much.

Thank you Don!!

Here is some info, many sites actually that explain RAW far better than I. Basically, RAW is a format that saves all the data from your shot. This gives you a lot more to work with when editing. That's pretty simplistic but here are some good sites to check out that also talk about TIFF and JPEG Don...

RAW Photography - Google Search

Good luck with your class Jim!

Here is some info, many sites actually that explain RAW far better than I. Basically, RAW is a format that saves all the data from your shot. This gives you a lot more to work with when editing. That's pretty simplistic but here are some good sites to check out that also talk about TIFF and JPEG Don...

RAW Photography - Google Search

Good luck with your class Jim!

Thank you Dennis!!!

Don..

I thank you for tolerating me Hijacking your thread.

Can the RMM (Reefmaster Mini) also shoot in TIFF?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom