Anyone ever done the 8 am Saturday gcsd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sabanist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just signed up through meetup, do people actually show for these things or will I be toting dry gear home

Edit. I totally forgot to mention I'm going to lbts

Yes people show up for them however it is all weather dependent and you should RSVP for the particular dive as many are weekly recurring dives and if you don't RSVP the host may not show. Stop by GCS and talk to Steve about it, he has all the info.

What Scubadreaminn said is exactly correct. I've done the beach dive several times, but always called the shop the evening before to make sure it was not being cancelled due to weather/marine conditions. As mentioned, RSVP on the Meetup website.

Gold Coast Scuba's Meetup group is one of the most active dive groups I've ever encountered: there's always some sort of dive happening. Steve, the store manager, is also a great guy.

Morning dives with them lots of times...I'm kind of a regular....but what the other posters said. Also, if you look at the GCS meetup site for the dive, they list who's going. Most folks are pretty conscientious about cancelling on the board if they change their mind. I tend to check it before I leave the house on days with iffy conditions.

If you're talking about tomorrow, I'm on a boat dive elsewhere, but beach conditions are looking pretty good for all weekend and they're doing two morning beach dives at two locations...an 8am in lbts and a 9 am in Dania (two groups of divers). Given the forecast (flat to 1' surf) I doubt there's much chance of either of those dives cancelling.

If you're looking for an awesome beach dive (long swim but cool dive), they're going out to the Copenhagen wreck on Sunday morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom