Anyone else not going to Roatan this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isaac-1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just wanted to ask if anyone else on here will not be going to Roatan this weekend due to the Houston airport being closed for hurricane Ike? We were planning on flying out on Continental on Saturday, but instead have rescheduled for Oct 11-18.

Ike

p.s. should I worry that mid Oct. will be getting into the rainy season?

I called continental this morning and asked if they were re-scheduling the flight. The lady could not answer. Do you know what will happen with the people that was scheduled to return from the island?
I've been in Roatan in October once. It rained almost every night but he had excellent days ... I don't know if that was just luck.

My wife and I are scheduled to go out 2 weeks from now through Houston. Sorry to hear your trip got cancelled. The Gulf has had a rough few weeks.

Russell

Ours got out by re-routing through ATL on Delta. I know one group staying in RTB, heading back to Frasier, PA is now rescheduled to fly out Monday.

Haven't heard on any others yet.
E

Imagine- sitting in paradise with good weather- unable to dive as you're packed and waiting to go.

How about the guys that are stuck in the rains- routing South through IAH.

These things keep UTLGirl hopping- this is where she really earns her $3 a day. (If that raise came though)

In Chicago, as of Saturday Morning, we have had 2X the rain that has hit Houston. Backstroke!

Hi

Yes we have had the same, some are getting out on Delta but a couple have just decided to re book for Thursday and spend a few more days diving.

It seems as if most of the Continental Airways flights are already fully booked till next Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom