Anyone else have this problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
You NEVER get used to the heat in Texas. I've lived here all my life and I hate oppressive heat and humidity. If Las Vegas had our humidity, it would be like trying to live on Mars.

Venus. Mars is like the top of Mauna Kea, only more so.

ScubaTexan:
...oppressive heat and humidity...

More Texas weather trivia: When Texas became a nation (the only U.S. state ever to have had our own navy, BTW), Great Britain was among the first nations to recognize the Republic of Texas. There were only two places in the whole world that were then considered hardship posts for the stiff-upper-lipped British diplomats. The first was Calcutta, India ("Black Hole..."). The second was --- Houston, Texas, due to the combination of heat and humidity.

More Texas weather trivia: it's common for the same Texas city to set the daily state high temp in summer and then the daily state low temp in winter. The very same town, in the same year.

But still, despite all this useless trivia in my fertile brain, I absolutely cannot comprehend a thermometer "pegging out." That boggles my mind. How much colder could it have been?!

Spokane News:

Frigid Friday - Arctic air makes temperatures drop

12:51 PM PST on Friday, February 17, 2006
KREM 2 NEWS

SPOKANE -- With arctic air coming in from the north, temperatures around the entire Inland Northwest have dropped into the single digits. High wind gusts are making condition even worse, with wind chills that dip into the negative teens and twenties.

My buddy cancled the dive today, the wimp!

I understand the humidity concept quite well. Living in Florida with rediculous humidity ratings it felt HOT at 100F. 2 summers ago I went overseas to Uzebekistan (just north of Afghanistan) and we saw temps of about 120F (practically 0% humidity) almost daily, but I swear the 100F Florida weather felt just as hot. I have also spent summers in San Antonio, TX and Biloxi Mississippi, both pretty humid places!

I mentioned being from CO, but my wife is from Louisiana, so Texas is a compromise. I don't have to deal with the humidity and she doesn't have to deal with the snow.

Quick update...
We had a water pipe burst, flooded half of the 1st floor

Oh... well, its kind of chilly here. It was 60F here this morning... I've had the top and doors off my Jeep for a week and no sign of them needing to go back on again soon. The water is a little to chilly to dive in shorts though (about 65F). I might have to put on a neoprene vest or something. Ft Lauderdale is around 70F water temp. :D

Today I'm taking the family fishing at the family fun day event the personal growth group I'm coaching has put together at the The Sun and Moon bed and breakfast on Matlacha, FL

O2BBubbleFree:
I mentioned being from CO, but my wife is from Louisiana, so Texas is a compromise. I don't have to deal with the humidity and she doesn't have to deal with the snow.

Some compromise. What makes you think you don't have to deal with the humidity in Texas? LOL :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom