Anyone else have this problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Primdrumma:
Does anyone else have this problem. This was from yesterday afternoon, supposed to get even colder tonight :11:

Subtact 10F degrees, and add in some wind chill... Yeah we share this issue :11doh:

Fortunately I have good dive and ski buddies that I can discuss these types of situations with.. Today we discussed Coz, FL, and a few other options as the batteries in our trucks froze :06:

Well what is a diver to do.. maybe some skiing...

Yesterday, here in North Central Texas, it dropped from 85F (29C) to 35F (1C) in less than 12 hours...

i have just been outside and its now 39decC or 103decF.... and i still cant see any of that white stuff thats in your photo??? :D

ScubaTexan:
Yesterday, here in North Central Texas, it dropped from 85F (29C) to 35F (1C) in less than 12 hours...

ScubaTexan is referring to our "blue northers", a clear-weather phenomenon that causes the temp to drop tremendously in a short time. They occur in other parts of the world, but not with the ferocity of Texas blue northers. The worst ever occurred one time when a group of hunters were around a lake, awaiting a flock of ducks. At the PRECISE MOMENT when the ducks' webbed feet touched the surface of the lake, a freezing blue norther struck. Simultaneously, one of the hunters cried out in shock at the instant freeze. It was SO sudden, and SO severe, that when the ducks heard the hunter and flew off -- THEY TOOK THE FROZEN LAKE WITH THEM.

You're welcome.

And folks.....he's not kidding! :11:

NetDoc:
Today I rode around town with the sun roof open and all my windows down. Mahvelous!

Just wait! Yours is coming. See you in a week. BTW Chicago right now 9 with wind chill -8

Primdrumma:
It's down to -18 before wind chill now.
If you've ever lived in Wyoming you would know the wind can kick up pretty good.

Yeah I know there are places much colder than here but you gotta understand I'm a Floridian.

Actually it's good to see others are colder than I am.

At least it's 'dry' cold....

I'm a Coloradan who's lived all over the world, and I think the coldest I've been was in Florida, at 40*F with high humidity.

In dry states, like CO and WY, at least when you put a coat on, it helps.

When it's cold, and damp, it's 'bone chillin' cold.

Now I've lived in Texas for a couple of years, and can't get used to the heat. I can put on more clothes than I can take off!

O2BBubbleFree:
Now I've lived in Texas for a couple of years, and can't get used to the heat. I can put on more clothes than I can take off!

You NEVER get used to the heat in Texas. I've lived here all my life and I hate oppressive heat and humidity. If Las Vegas had our humidity, it would be like trying to live on Mars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom