Anyone dive Dutch Springs recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmo6s

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whats the water temp up there? Is it warm because of the weather, or has the water gotten chilly anyway? Looking to take a drysuit course, and wondering if now would be ok or if it's too cold!

Scubafool.... You better get back out into the sun. You are starting to look a little pale. Too much time in the caves I guess. :O)

I thought Dutch was closed due to the season?
But if your doing a dry suit course, I wouldnt be concerned with the cold. Thats what the drysuit is for :D

I had 48 degrees at 61' on new year's eve. The water temp shouldn't change much the rest of the winter, right?

Pretty sure they're closed until april.

I believe that Dutch is closed to the public until April but that it opens on an occasional weekend each month in the winter specifically for training purposes. Check with your LDS. I've heard that water temps are in the mid-40s. Take the dry suit course, wear the right underwear, and make sure you have thick warm gloves and you should be fine. My last winter dive there was last January or February and we hit 39 degrees. Fingers were a little cold towards the end of the dive, but that's all. Dive safe.

elmo6s:
Whats the water temp up there? Is it warm because of the weather, or has the water gotten chilly anyway? Looking to take a drysuit course, and wondering if now would be ok or if it's too cold!

On New Year's eve day the water temp was 48.

Dutch is closed to the public until April but is available with an instuctor.

Sounds good - thanks guys! I'm sure with my Drysuit course they'll let me - or I could just wait until April lol!

They're open one weekend in Jan and one in Feb, but you have to be with an instructor...not necessarily in a formal class.

The Jan date is 1/20-1/21.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom