Any way to fit Rolock dryglove rings etc to a Fourth Element Argonaut 2.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm considering getting a Fourth Element Argonaut 2.0 (their current model) and want to fit Rolock's dryglove system to it - are there any simple ways of doing this at all? I've no idea whether it might be possible to fit it to the Fourth Element Ellipse system or if anyone has tried it?

While I have no specific info, as far as I know the ellipse system uses the same suit ring system as si Tech so the RoLock 90 should be a go. If the Ultima is an option I would pick that over the ellipse that way you’ll have a good back up system.

While I have no specific info, as far as I know the ellipse system uses the same suit ring system as si Tech so the RoLock 90 should be a go. If the Ultima is an option I would pick that over the ellipse that way you’ll have a good back up system.
Can confirm the Ultima works, that's what I have on my Argonaut 2.0. I really like them, easy to put the gloves on and have kept my hands dry.

Apparently there are 2 versions of Ultimas, make sure it's not the soft version as that is not compatible with the Rolock 90's to just clip in. (At least I think).

Pros and cons to Rolock vs Ultimas. I think Rolock are more of a pain to maintain, but Ultimas are harder to swap gloves out. Both have kept me dry on every dive, never had an issue that wasn't user error (getting stuff caught in the seal).

Apparently there are 2 versions of Ultimas, make sure it's not the soft version as that is not compatible with the Rolock 90's to just clip in. (At least I think).

Pros and cons to Rolock vs Ultimas. I think Rolock are more of a pain to maintain, but Ultimas are harder to swap gloves out. Both have kept me dry on every dive, never had an issue that wasn't user error (getting stuff caught in the seal).
Stop trying to maintain the RoLock and they will work much better :wink:

Stop trying to maintain the RoLock and they will work much better :wink:
I don't want to jinx it, but I guess I will... I haven't messed with them in a few weeks and so far so good. I'm going to let it ride and see how long they'll go.

I have 30 hours on them so far, almost 2nd nature at this point. I did see some buildup last Thurs but it didn't do anything... I guess tomorrow I'm due for a leak!!

I'm considering getting a Fourth Element Argonaut 2.0 (their current model) and want to fit Rolock's dryglove system to it - are there any simple ways of doing this at all? I've no idea whether it might be possible to fit it to the Fourth Element Ellipse system or if anyone has tried it?

Sorry if this is too late of a response, but the Argonaut 2.0 is an amazing suit, and our store fits the Ultima system, which is universally praised. I have the Fourth Element Ellipse (Oval) system which has been a pain in the ar*e, but am awaiting on a revised O-Ring shipment, from FE, after a long ranting email, which apparently solves the problem of near impossible glove attachment (aligning the oval shape). We will see🤞

Sorry if this is too late of a response, but the Argonaut 2.0 is an amazing suit, and our store fits the Ultima system, which is universally praised. I have the Fourth Element Ellipse (Oval) system which has been a pain in the ar*e, but am awaiting on a revised O-Ring shipment, from FE, after a long ranting email, which apparently solves the problem of near impossible glove attachment (aligning the oval shape). We will see🤞
Never too late - I have been rather busy so haven't pulled the trigger on the suit yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom