Any Swedish divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little late for answering the question perhaps, but I'm swedish all the same.

I live and dive in the Stockholm region. I have dived on Gotland as well and I'm planning to do two dive trips to the west coast, where the diving is much better. Here on the east coast the visibility's generally poor but the wrecks are great and well preserved.

I am a Swedish Female diver! Do I get my own fanclub now or just lots of messages from Chip (hey, do I know you, we're kind of in the same place?)

my wife is Swedish and a diver does that count?

we were in Sweden over the new years this time. we wanted to look into some ice diving but just ran out of time. maybe next time we are there. last summer we were in Oland and wanted to dive....but it was to cold for what we planned.

Seth

Water temperature right now is probably around 0 to 4 degrees celcius, dry suite is recomended.
Visibility is generaly very good during the winter. There was reports about excelnt viss in the baltic around Stockholm this January, with 30 to 40m of visibility.

www.dykarna.nu
is the place to check out, for swedish dive sites.

/Mr_Pyro

I'm not Swedish but I live in Gothenburg and dive the west coast here. I'm a Vancouver transplant and diving here is similar except high variations in water temp (boy it gets cold here in the winter), and not at much current/tide as Canada, so you don't get the diversity and size of sealife. Actually heading back to Vanc for a couple months and getting my winter dive fix in. :)

Diver from Sweden living in Stockholm here. The east coats (baltic sea) has lower viz. and colder. Below 10 metres (30 ft) it is constantly 3-4 degrees Celcius. The water is brackish and ship worm cannot live there. This combined with the Baltic being very busy waters for the last 1000 years means you can find some pretty interesting stuff. Right now there is a TV-show called "Vrakletarna" which means "The Wreck Searchers". It is aired on the Swedish equivialent to PBS, or BBC for that matter. Four episodes has been aired so far, another four coming. Below you'll find links to them. In one episode they find an unknown merchants ship, probably dutch, from the 14th century, intact, standing on the bottom. In episode four they dive on german war ships from WWI. There are some UW-scenes in every episode for you to get an idea of the type of diving. It's in swedish, sorry.

Episode 1: svt.se - Play landningssida
Episode 2: svt.se - Play landningssida
Episode 3: svt.se - Play landningssida
Episode 4: svt.se - Play landningssida

The west coast has better visibility, a lot more sea life and warmer water. Haven't dived in the U.K. but I'd imagine it would be similar to diving over there.

cheers

Another swede here! Although I can´t reall give any good tips on where to dive, since I recently started diving.

There are a few of us.

If you want to meet a few more, old style, there is a divers pub in Stockholm next Saturday. The one in Gothenburg was last week.

/Martin

Hi Carl,

I'm from Sweden. Unfortunately I don't live there any more so I can't take you diving when you come over but I can give you some tips.

Close to where I come from is a city called Ängelholm. There is a dive shop (website is in Swedish, but you can send them an email) that goes to some really nice sites around the area. My favorite dive sites are around Kullen and Hallands Väderö?

There's also some awesome diving around Bohuslän. I would recommend going to an Island called Gullholmen.

Gullholmen is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. Not only is the diving really good, but the Island is stunning. No cars, nice cosy little restaurants with the best, freshest seafood you can imagine and the view at the top over the surrounding island is breathtaking.

Hope this helps Carl and I hope you have a great time in Sweden.

Sanna

PS: If you come over next summer send me a massage coz I'll be home by then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom