Any Swedish divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDCB

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm curious about destinations in Sweden. Anyone dove there and are there any Swedish divers on this board? I have some personal reasons for wanting to go there. I would also like the opportunity to discuss Sweden, off board, with any Swedish divers.

Thanks,

Carl

I'm not Swedish, but I haven't noticed any active Swedish divers here either. But I live "next door" and I know Sweden has awsome wreck diving. The almost fresh waters of the Bottnia keeps wooden wrecks pretty intact for hundreds of years. Too bad we're mostly talking tech diving here, since most of the better ones are really deep. -You also need to go by boat.

Many Swedish divers go diving in Norway though.

I´m swedish...pm me with any questions you may have and I´ll try to answer them...
noticed that you´re "new" to the board so I´ll throw in a welcome! as well...there´s a ton of great stuff here and real opportunities for learning...

Oh...you pm me by "clicking" on "grazie42" (to the left) and choosing "send a private message..."
The only person who´ll see your message is me...sorta lika an email...
maybe superflous info but just in case...

I'd like to add to the question: any FEMALE swedish divers here??? . If so please PM me a quick hello (with your pic attached). :D :D :D

[hijack]

I dated a Swedish girl. And a Finn. Scandinavians rule. But they are generally taller than Asians. So my playing field is limited. Oh, the unfairness of life... :)

[/end hijack]

PS welkom op scubaboard!

Hey Chip, if you want them to send you pics you have to put your pic in your profile :D

Good to know there's good diving in/near Sweden. If you kind folks could post websites for dive ops, etc that would be great. I'll start teaching a class here at the university in January and one of my students is an exchange student from Sweden. (sorry Chip--male student :wink:)
Ber :lilbunny:

chip104:
I'd like to add to the question: any FEMALE swedish divers here??? . If so please PM me a quick hello (with your pic attached). :D :D :D

[hijack]

I dated a Swedish girl. And a Finn. Scandinavians rule. But they are generally taller than Asians. So my playing field is limited. Oh, the unfairness of life... :)

[/end hijack]
Hey Chip,

how about these...

chip104:
PS welkom op scubaboard!
FYI, most Swedes don't speak Dutch... :D

Ber Rabbit:
www.dykarna.nu
"the swedish scubaboard"
If you go to the forum and ask a question in english people will get you whatever info you need...

El Orans:
I think most will get the gist of dutch though...
From what I´ve seen combining german, english and swedish will let you understand most of it...
no offense ;-)

Some words/phrases are easy to understand.

Vrakdyk >> Wreck dive

Hur är ditt intresse för fridykning >> Are you interested in freediving?

Thank you Grazie :) I will pass that on to him--I like to do some research if I know my students will be diving somewhere I'm not familiar with so I can give them a head start on finding dive sites and buddies. Naturally Scubaboard is always my first recommendation :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

grazie42:
El Orans:
I think most will get the gist of dutch though...
From what I´ve seen combining german, english and swedish will let you understand most of it...
no offense ;-)

Totally agree with grazie here - especially in writing since then us Scandies do not need to get spooked every time the famous crow noise comes out of you Dutchies either, Laurens :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom