Any other guitarists/musicians around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never really professionally... Gig here, gig there..

Sorry Fender guys I inherited a standard Stratand I can't stand it.....

My Ibanez 570 is my fav.....

Ok, so without starting a "My guitar hero is better than your guitar hero"war who are some favs?

I'll start; John Petrucci, Satch, Steve Vai, (gotta throw in the guy that got me started)Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert.

Let's see...at the top of the list for me is Jimmy Page. He's the guy that inspired me to start playing. Can't go wrong with Zep.

Other than that, other faves/heroes are Don Kinsey, Al Anderson, Django Reinhardt, Mark Knopfler, Hendrix, Clapton, Peter Buck, Eddie Hazel, and many others.

dive_lover88:
i still cant read notes!!:shakehead:

I don't know what it's like NOT to be able to read music, I do it every day of my life and never think about it.

On the down side, I have to work on the 4th of July. Pops concert in the park. Oy.

I've played guitar since I was a teen. My husband Kevin and I routinely play for charity (retirement homes, etc.)

Fish_Whisperer:
Steve Vai!! Possibly one of the greatest guitarists who's ever lived.

One of Satriani's students too, wasn't he?

I also forgot to include Kirk Hammett in my list...absolutely amazing technical ability, but always played with his heart.

Yea, I play guitar, couple of hours a week,more when i'm in a funk, never pro- yea I been asked, but diddn't want to go there, do it just to make me feel right. I'm a finger picker, play my old Goya gut string mostly.

Poor old thing is starting to look pretty shaby, but it still makes me feel good.

Haven't played with anyone since high school on a regular basis, so I pretty much play "my own stuff", but it's good for the soal, and isin't that what a guitar is for anyway?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom