Any other guitarists/musicians around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_lover88:
what do you guys have against drummers? i'm just starting out in drums

nothing, just teasing

a good drummer makes or breaks a band

Most definitely...drummers are the heartbeat of any band out there. Easy targets for jokes, perhaps, but then again, so are guitarists. :D

Lol...no worries, Dive Lover. I actually wanted to be a drummer before I started on the guitar--I wanted to be John Bonham, but my dad didn't want the noise in the house. I can actually play drums now, but nothing flashy.

Reggae Joe:
Easy targets for jokes, perhaps, but then again, so are guitarists. :D
They all (musicians) are, as far as I'm concerned :wink:

paula (mrs prages) mentioned greg (prages), so i won't list him. :wink:

others i know of include jason b & doc intrepid. i've seen jason play in a club, and his band rocks! doc i've only seen play around a campfire, but what i remember was good.

I also wanted to be a drummer, but my older brother beat me to it & ruined it for me :shakehead . After my parrents let him, they said there was no way in Hell that that they were going through that again. LoL My ex- bought our 9 year old son a set of drums ( he lives with me ), & now I know where they were coming from. LoL
Every time I pick up my guitar these days he thinks its time to jam, Im very supportive, but I think I need to get him some lessons.

Lessons are good...it'll help him if he has a solid sense of theory and structure (modes, scales, etc.). Make sure to help him keep developing his ear, though...that's something that's crucial.

Back
Top Bottom