Any other Cruiseship divers in Coz on Jan 21?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isaac-1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My wife and I are taking a last minute cruise out of Galveston, TX in a couple of weeks and I would like to get in at last one or two dives while in Cozumel and I was wondering if any other Scuba Board members will be there that day, and which dive operation you are going out with.

Ike

p.s. before someone suggest Allison she is booked up on that day

Wife & I are sailing on the Triumph out of New Orleans. We will be in Cozumel on the 21st. We are booked on Blue Angel's 10:00AM boat.

You might also ask in the scuba & snorkeling section on the cruise critic messageboard. Another way to look for the same thing and might catch some non scubaboard divers. Just educate them on this place too..Its how I found out about it.

don't go with the ship op. you'll more than likely get a 35 minute first dive and a 45 minute second. i recommend sea robin. slightly more expensive, but they have a fast boat and eduardo is a great dm

Thanks for all the replies and PM's so far, it looks like things are shaping up to go out with Blue XT. As to avoiding the cruise ship dive operations I tend to agree with the idea, however all things being equal I must admit being pleasantly surprised when I went out with the cruise ship dive operation (Don Foster's) in Grand Cayman last spring. They handled things as well as can be expected when thrown an assortment of divers, but I may have a better than average set of insta-buddies, since the majority brought their own gear.

Ike

p.s. some how I did get into the 3 person dive team though, with one of the others being a newly certified diver, strange how that happens when you show a faded worn black PADI card.

Not diving from a ship but another SBer & I will be out with Blue XTSea that day. Hope it's sunny & warm -- this cold front is leaving me high & dry. Buen viaje!

i made the mistake of diving with the triumph's op(dec 29th) and it didn't go great, it wasn't sanddollars fault as much as it was a problem with divers of varying experience levels and turned out poorly

was planning on diving w/ aldora on 1/21. On RCCL. Never been to cozumel. Liked the idea of steel and bigger tanks for newbies on drift dives? Is this a common practice with all the dive ops?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom