Any opinions on Backscatter or Reef Photo stores?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Highly recommend both, though Fred at east coast Backscatter has been especially helpful in the past.

I've used equipment from Backscatter for 10 years now and am very happy with them (and the equipment and service)

I have dealt extensively with both. Both are very good organizations and both have good after purchase service so buying from either should be OK. In my experience though, some of the phone sales reps at Backscatter can be a bit negative. I have emailed them several times with a question about a piece of gear with absolutely no response and have asked them questions on the phone about the same piece of gear with an I don't know but will get back to you which they never did. That being said, I would buy from either place if they had the parts in stock. Special orders I can't comment on since I haven't had that pleasure.

Bill

ditto - backscatter east is great.

There is someone else that you should check out.

Bluewater Photo

Bluewater Photo, Video & Underwater Cameras

Talk to Scott Gietler. He is the most knowledgeable person on the planet when it comes to underwater photography. I just purchased my new rig from them and I could not be more happy with my decision. I had a ton of questions and Scott took the time to research and answer all of my points.

Not only do you get a fair market price, you also get experience and service that can not be touched.

I bought my lens and port from reef photo. The customer service was 5 star

I have bought small items from Backscatter (o-rings, etc.) on several occasions. Every transaction has been smooth thus far.

Back
Top Bottom