Any interest in MC-E dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got the light today and have started my review thread HERE:

Took the light diving and completed my review. SURPRISING great performance!

Hi Jason,
A would like to have you keep me posted on these too. Can you quote me a package deal, with Li-on batteries, a charger, a lanyard with a carabineer? tpietron@hotmail.com

Don't have anymore avilable at this time. I'd love to do another order, but minimum order quanitity is about 50pcs, so I need to have quite a few people interested first. Thanks!

I picked up my light today and had to take it diving. So far I am very impressed. I only took it down to 76 feet and was in the water for a total of 63 minutes without any problems. The light is very bright (claimed to be 640 Lumen) and it feels like fairly good quality even though it is unbranded and also the fact that I picked it up for only $82 (with batteries and charger). Yes I did have to wait three weeks for processing and shipping from Hong Kong but I am very happy with it so far. Right now I'm doing a burn test with the 2200mAh Li-18650 batteries that it came with. I am also charging the pair of 2500mAh batteries that I ordered with the light as a back up set ($9). So if they were truthful, with the two sets of batteries, I should have just over 7hrs burn time. I will post the results of the burn test as well as a comparison with other lights when I get to do another night dive with my buddies in a few days.

So based on one dive, I say that this light ROCKS! :rockband:

It would be awsome if you could make a shorter version that can be used with a Goodman handle. Maybe wih an umbilical cord attached to a battery cylinder like a Dive-Rite style. The style itself is like major whoo-whoo!

FYI just got 3 units MC-E divelights from DX directly........first two leaked at less than 15m shipping all three back for a refund.....I hope. Will post results, jbones

Had them apart and back together have used lights for many years. Think the foward oring may be to thin for a dive light. Will post results of DX's customer service. Keeping the third light for land use or as guts for a homemade unit.

Additional "O" rings?
You'll need those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom