Any interest in MC-E dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tactical_hid

Registered
Reaction score
I've been working as a flashlight supplier for tactical flashlights.

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a 100M waterproof MC-E dive light powered off 2x18650 li-on batteries.

It's something we've been working on, and if there is enough interest I may consider placing an order for these some of these lights!

Please post here if you'd be interested! I'll try to keep prices under $150!

-Jason
Tactical HID

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the light:

mcedivelight.jpg

Specs:

-Cree MCE Emitter LED
-3 modes (100%, 50%, 20%)
- Magnetic Switch
- 100M Waterproof
- 700 lumens
- Aluminum OP reflector
- Batteries: CR123A x4, 4x RCR134A or 2x18650
- Finish = HAIII (Hard Anodized III)
- T6 Aircraft Aluminum Alloy
- Length 22cm

Questions, comments? Let me know!

Last edited:
Looks nice. How tight is the beam (how many degrees)? Estimated burn times? Is there a way of attatvhing a bolt snap to the back (sorry can't tell from the drawing)

Just looked at the prices on those Li-Ion cells and they are cheap. $150 for the whole lamp rocks. Beam degree and burn times, as Marcin asks, but suffice it to say you've caught my interest.

Cheers
TSL

Thanks for the replies. Beam characteristics are hard to describe. Standing about 6 feet from a wall, the beam has about an 18" wide hotspot, and then about 6 feet wide of side spill.

Run times off 2x 2500mAH 18650 batteries would be 2hrs on high, 4hrs on medium, and 10hrs on low. This light would also make an excellent daily use light just to grab when you need it around the house. It's definitely not nearly as bulky as some dive lights.

The tail cap has a small hole for a lanyard and you could definitely attach a bolt snap. Is that what most divers have on their lights? What about a carabineer?

Also if I made it available as a package deal, what kind of accessories would you want? Batteries, a charger, a lanyard (how long?) with a bolt snap / carabineer?

Thanks,

Jason

Tactical HID

Jay what's the size of the reflector?

My estimate shows about 7 degree angle for the light beam. Between 6 and 7 would be ideal to cut through the murky Great Lakes waters BTW can the lights be made with a Fresnel lens?

Jay what's the size of the reflector?

My estimate shows about 7 degree angle for the light beam. Between 6 and 7 would be ideal to cut through the murky Great Lakes waters BTW can the lights be made with a Fresnel lens?

Thanks for the info. That sounds about right... Regarding the lens... I'm not sure what a Fresnel lens is and what the advantages are? Reflector is 50mm.

What type of Bulb ? is it an HID or Led?

The bulb used is a Cree MCE LED. It's one of the brightest and most efficient LED's on the market. It is a quad die LED, so it has basically 4 LED dies under one silicon dome.

The brightness is comparable to a 12-14W HID. Definitely brighter than a 530 lumen 10W HID.

----------

Any comments regarding the accessories you'd like to see bundeled with this light?

-Jason

Tactical HID

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom