Any interest in MC-E dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive been wanting a Packhorse with aspherical head to see how it compares with the Tiablo A9 with aspherical head, I hear its very close, should be another great comparison. Ive had the Tiablo down to around 35 feet but only for a few mins. The MC-E wont throw a beam no were near what a Tiablo A9 with head will, but does produce a very large beam at shorter distance, I may swap a MC-E with a R2 LED to see if its any better, normally a single die led will throw much better than a quad die, reflector depth has alot more to do with throw than the diameter of the head. The reflector on the MC-E isnt very deep or as deep as say a Jetbeam M1X which BTW has a very tight beam for a MC-E light, works great in the water also. I was going to post a video but need more posts.

Send me a Tiablo and I will post some comparison pics! On the other hand buy a W200 off me and you can post the pics :rofl3:

You are correct about the MC-E. It just will not throw which is a very important aspect or a dive light especially in low viz conditions.

I have 4 personal dive lights. My quad aspheric XR-E can, Modded IST aspheric, W200 R2 aspheric, W200/MC-E.

I use my can light most of the time. If I had to choose between the other 3 I would take the W200/R2 then the IST then the MC-E. Sure the MC-E puts out lots of lumen but the beam is too floody for my liking.

The MCE light I have, that I started this thread about throws a good 100 yards on the High mode. I suppose if you wanted to throw further you could try to put an out of focus aspherical lens on the light (if its in focus it will project the 4 dies of the emitter).

Are they anything like these ones? Yep, identical as far as I know, I have sold all I had and wont be getting anymore this season. In a few weeks Ill get those underwater beamshots and see how it does, $81 is a dam good deal to buy 1, about 3 to 4 weeks shipping from DX and no warranty, cost to send it back would be atleast $20 or more. I kept 2 extras for warranty purposes :) I still want a Packhorse aspherical, putting that on my list.

Yea DX has that light, and that’s exactly why if and when I do offer them for sale, it will be at a lower price... It's really hard to compete with these Chinese companies that can sell things at a 10%-20 markup...

Sorry My bad. I was just confused since your original post in this thread said you wanted to keep it under $150 so I assumed close to $150. Not less than $81.

Please let me know by PM when you offer it at less than $81.

Well... looks like the price went up on DX.... to $95.

I'm looking into offering the light with a better case, and possibly a lanyard.

It'll be a few bucks more than DX's price, but will include more and will be shipped from California. And unlike DX we do offer a warranty, and you don't have to deal with costly international shipping. For those of you interested in the light, I'd advise buying it through US. Please send me a PM if your interested!

Well, I ordered one from DX on the 16th (got the $81 price) and as soon as it gets all the way to Seattle, I'll dive it and let you know how it does. Other than comments I have seen about the length of shipping, at least it was free.

...now if the light can actually take the abuse of diving...

Back
Top Bottom