Any interest Diving Austin Area next weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dove WP yesterday. Vis was 1-2 feet, water temp 54 degrees.

That sounds like the exact same conditions we experienced at the Dam on Saturday. Nice weather above the water on Saturday though! :wink:

Thanks for the reports. I am supposed to be at Travis next weekend with an Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedures class from our local shop. I am not sure which spot they intend to dive. It would be great if it is warm on the surface like today.

Willie

that might just be too warm. :coffee:

Ill have to see how the rest of the week goes, but im gonna try and make it out there this weekend.

I'm interested in diving this weekend as well. I haven't got my feet wet since the New Years Day dive.

If all goes well the rest of the week I will be at Aquarena Saturday and Sunday. Does this mean I get to be a real Swamper after this?!?!?

If all goes well the rest of the week I will be at Aquarena Saturday and Sunday. Does this mean I get to be a real Swamper after this?!?!?

Well, first you have to dive with someone who is already a swamper. Then you have to demonstrate the secret swamper underwater handshake, recite the swamper oath and agree to support and defend the swamper constitution "so help you Pontus". After that, the swampers that are present take a secret vote and if you are voted in, we divide up your gear among ourselves. Afterwards, you buy dinner and drinks for the swampers that were kind enough to dive with you.

Ok, maybe just that first sentence. But, if you have some really cool gear.....

So 'whom' and 'where' and which day(s) are folks diving Travis this weekend? My shoulder injury is starting to feel some better....will have to check my wallet and the 'bosses' plans...but would be fun/different. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom