Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe I am available after 6pm and on weekends.

Was watching some old video. Here is a Meg I found on the dash of Jamies boat in Venice FL

[video=youtube;D6gMh6JAuBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gMh6JAuBk[/video]

Been a couple of years since I have been on Jamies boat and it doesn't bother me
one bit seeing him kill Amberjacks. If there is one sea critter I hate, its the Amberjack.
They are ugly, mean, travel in packs, and are always looking for a fight.

Jamie has a really cool boat and I like his taste in music. Would make the death
of Amberjacks that much more fun...

Watching the backroll off the boat is something that somehow helps me get through
the winter. Makes me smile to myself :yeahbaby:

[video=youtube;-xqenPFZk7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-xqenPFZk7w[/video]

---------- Post added February 25th, 2013 at 09:13 PM ----------

What about Friday or Saturday night Joe. I am on James Island. Where are you located again? AW Shucks has a GREAT bar for a walk-in beer. Great tables and atmosphere also. Covered parking one block away

Shem Creek Bar and Grill?

Loggerheads?

Morgan Creek Grill?

Charleston Crab House?

Last edited:
Venice Florida 2013

VeniceWaterTemps_zps9823373b.png

Follow up visit to the doctor: surgeon said he got it all and no need for a round three. Thank God~! lol

I am healing up pretty good, and cannot wait to get back in it.

Lee, my son will be going up North for the month of June so I would like to go to Florida during the time.

I think we all need to get together for the beer.

Guys, I am on a lookout for about 6 decent mako teeth around 1.5"-2" in length for some necklaces for some friends down here. If anyone has some for sale, please let me know. I have been using mine and it is amazing how quickly my collection goes down when I take a year off of diving. I didn't realize I made so many necklaces to give out, lol.

The NOAA weather station at Venice pier measures water temp at a depth of about 3'.
Winter and early spring bottom temps are usually a few degress cooler.

surgeon said he got it all and no need for a round three.

.....< --- Turn on your sound and click on musical note three or four times or until you feel better

---------- Post added February 26th, 2013 at 09:39 PM ----------

Lee, my son will be going up North for the month of June so I would like to go to Florida during the time.

I am all in, Mike. I am assuming you mean Venice. The sooner we commit the better as far as I am concerned. We can then lock in on all the arrangements. Transportation, accommodations, boats, land site digs, whatever... We could do a como scuba hunt and Peace river hunt if you like. Or spend the entire time offshore. I am good with either. Hope Phil and Joe commit also.

I seem to remember Vinson having a box full of Mako teeth in his shop. Wish he were easy to get in touch with. Had long talk with him at the fossil show. He said he knew I was trying to connect but he did not offer a secure communications path to him. I figured he may need his privacy for personal reasons so I left it alone.

---------- Post added February 26th, 2013 at 09:41 PM ----------

The NOAA weather station at Venice pier measures water temp at a depth of about 3'.
Winter and early spring bottom temps are usually a few degress cooler.

thank 2TH DIVR. I had a hunch that was the case

Last edited:
Well Mike I'm glad to hear you're healing well. So Mike: How about when you feel up to than cold beer and telling a few stories pick the time and all we need is a central location. I know that this Saturday is out for me, but Sunday eve or most afternoons after 6:00 or weekends is good. I am out of Moncks Corner, I think Lee said he was in James Island and I think Phil uses to live in Eutawville. So I'm thinking maybe Summerville or whatever all think.

---------- Post added February 26th, 2013 at 09:16 PM ----------

Well Mike I'm glad to hear you're healing well. So Mike: How about when you feel up to than cold beer and telling a few stories pick the time and all we need is a central location. I know that this Saturday is out for me, but Sunday eve or most afternoons after 6:00 or weekends is good. I am out of Moncks Corner, I think Lee said he was in James Island and I think Phil uses to live in Eutawville. So I'm thinking maybe Summerville or whatever all think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom