Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am planning on being at the show Joe. Targeting 11am. Its a minimum 45 minute drive from my house. Made that trip many times from my house to the Durham Creek public landing, which of course is across the street. Heck, one Saturday afternoon, many, many years ago, Phil and I were diving the day of the Fossil Show. SO, I put my clothes on top of my wet suit (it was soaking wet) and went to the show. What a dumb ass idea. I have done some really stupid things but what Mike did with the anchor makes me cringe. I have noticed his voice is higher these days...and he refuses to go near the anchors in the boat store

---------- Post added February 14th, 2013 at 09:11 PM ----------

I really hope you,ll come dive with us on the Edisto this year,

Well its confirmed folks. Once a fossil hound, always a fossil hound.

Looks like the stunningly beautiful Edisto river is gonna have to tolerate us for another season. LOOKOUT Angys, Megs, and Mastodons. Here I come!

---------- Post added February 15th, 2013 at 03:57 PM ----------

Hey, Joe and Lee I hope to be at the show Sat.

Okay Phil. Will see you there.

Hey Mike are you up and moving yet? Let us know how you're doing and have a restful weekend.

Ok, I had my surgery yesterday and the doctor went to town on me ad removed a lot. He could not put stitches in as there is a good size hole. Surprisingly I feel pretty good today.

I envy y'all for going, lol but I know I will see you all this coming dive season.

Sad not though........as some of you know, I went through a bad divorce. If was a complete shock to me and my teenage son. I was married for 16 years and we NEVER had a single fight in the 18 years we were together. One day out of the blue, she went into a midlife crisis and said she was done being a wife and a mother. Really sad because she also turned her back on her family and her close friends and has a new set of friends that are not good for her.

Anyhow, I digress, she came for a visit for our son and after she left, my partial mastodon tooth, my huge tuna tail fossil and my $2400 tag watch came up missing. Police said there really is nothing they can do. I call Tag and reported the watch missing so it is in the system.

For those that are at the show, can I humbly request some shots of mammoth, mastodon, and big mako teeth? I am also on a lookout for a decent larger lower mako tooth if anyone knows of one.

Cannot wait to get back diving. I just went through all my gear yesterday and just itching to get back in.

I have my follow up appt with the doctor on the 25th and hopefully this is it and he got it all.

Have a great day everyone~!!!!!!

Hey Mike! Glad to here you're doing better. The show was good with a big crowd attending. I did manage to take a few pictures that I will post later tonight. I talked with Phil and Lee and I saw Lee taking pictures so we got you covered.

Cypress Gardens Fossil Show 2013

Mike here are some of my photos from the show. It was a BIG show this year with an excellent turn out. At 11am you could not find a parking space and they were parked 3 deep. The people with displays were some of the local powerhouses. Phil had a display. Crowley had a display along with many others such as Vinson, Joe, Patrick, Eberlein, Kim, and some new faces with some killer specimens. Vinson and I talked about you and he hooking up for creeks and rivers. It is gonna take more than one posting and I did not take very many photos.

100_0903.jpg100_0906.jpg100_0907.jpg100_0908.jpg100_0910.jpg100_0913.jpg100_0914.jpg100_0915.jpg100_0916.jpg100_0919.jpg100_0920.jpg100_0922.jpg100_0924.jpg100_0929.jpg

Last edited:
Alright Mike here's my pic's. I didn't have alot of time to take pictures because like Lee said we had a crowd of people. Lee, Phil enjoyed talking with ya, wish we could of talked more but maybe in a few weeks we can meet for that beer. Anyway Mike hope you continue to feel better.DSC00767.jpgDSC00768.jpgDSC00769.jpgDSC00770.jpgDSC00771.jpgDSC00774.jpgDSC00775.jpgDSC00776.jpgDSC00777.jpgDSC00772.jpgDSC00773.jpg

Love the knife display! Lee can you tell us alittle about the picture # 13 in post 496?

Tony, the items in picture #13 in post 496 are Gomphotherium. They belong to Joe. The knives are for sale. They are hand made by a full blooded Cherokee Indian. I purchased one. He referred to it as a dagger. When someone says, Oh I see you have a replica.... I say, nope this is the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom