Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks guys for the invite. Never had much luck on the off shore ledges but would love to dive Edisto. I am back to the caves this coming weekend but after that it is game on for the rest of the summer.

Lee ,, put me down .. Never dove there so up for a new adventure.. Let me know the cost for my seat . Youll have to remind me or I will forget .. Maybe Daniel will want to go also , Ill ask .. Or maybe he will see this and reply .. Thanks .

no problem rich. will look forward to it. i will send over the details. after you have had time to digest, since its business, i will hook you up with the correct person. if you decide no, that is cool too, not a big deal. ask them about their cancellation process so you will be informed. i started diving solo a couple of hundred dives back so if you wanna bring a partner.... thats cool. i am not much of a tour guide. i like to hunt and dig and poke around. my previous girlfriend/dive partner use to comment that i was easy to find, all she had to do is look for a big cloud of dirt and a diver standing on his head.

okay from the looks of my pile of junk i am about ready for this weekends river raid! fossils BEWARE.... we are coming!

100_9522.jpg

Lee ,, put me down ..

the sites:

The Indigo Ledges

The Indigo Ledges are 70 to 80ft deep and is a great site for Open Water divers. This natural reef line supports a variety of soft corals, sponges and crustaceans. Tropical fish such as the angel (picture left) are frequent visitors and large pelagics may be seen in the area. The Ledges provide the unique opportunity to drift dive in this area when conditions allow.
Cost: $130.00/2 dives

The Gardens

The Gardens offer the diver 2-10ft of relief off the bottom. Lobster, large grouper and tropical’s are abundant. Exceptional visibility comparable to Florida waters at 90ft. depth. Colorful sponges and corals give this location its name. Maximum depth 80ft.
Cost: $130.00/2 dives

the boat:

[video=youtube;1RqPglm8J_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RqPglm8J_Q[/video]

its one dive at each site:

here are your contacts...

do you use Facebook?

Michelle,

Sally,

or Tim

Michelle and Tim work for Sally. Sally is the owner of Charleston Scuba

They all know me so you can use my name if you like

Thank Lee, So when I contact them do I just tell them I want to sign up for the boat and date you have signed up for?? also , Ive seen all the pretty fishes and the pretty coral Im just interested in making a mess looking for fossils . Are these dive sights good for that ?? What kinda fossils do you find here , any teeth ?

no richie... i dont advise going to the offshore Charleston ledges if you wanna find teeth and fossils. are there fossils at these sites? yes. BUT they are not known for fossils. i am going to these sites because i want to do an ocean dive and i know these sites have "limestone". fossils are commonly found in limestone. my point is, you are much more LIKELY to find teeth in the rivers

the Cooper (30 feet), Edisto (10 feet), and Wando (20 feet) rivers are your best, and easiest place in South Carolina to find fossils. offshore Wilmington NC at a site called "Meg ledge" (110 feet)you can pick up some Meg teeth.

they only have one boat and i am signed on for the morning departure on May 12th. My name is on their sheet for that trip.

if you prefer the river, we can put you on Phil or Johnny's boat. i am not in the "charter" business and i do not get paid, i am just a hobby diver that dives for fun, but i enjoy being helpful. some guys are out to fill boats so they can get a free ride in return, that is not me. just a hobby diver here

here is a clip of a fossilized scallop i found offshore Charleston on one of the limestone ledges. i am sure there are fossils there. one just has to find them. You can see some of the limestone on the rear face. It looks like cement and it was hard as hell to remove.

[video=youtube;rCmha18WLqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCmha18WLqk[/video]

...okay from the looks of my pile of junk i am about ready for this weekends river raid! fossils BEWARE.... we are coming!

I will not be able to join you guys tomorrow. I just have too much to do before I move. I wish I could find a boat, or a kayak to hit the edges at low tide tomorrow on the Wando though. I want to at least go out and walk the edges looking for teeth.

we have taken a vote Mike and you are not allowed to move. your new residence will be on my sofa, your wife will stay at her sisters, and you son with his best friend. your pay will be doubled and we are going to dive on prehistoric ivory and Saber toothed cat skulls every weekend

check out the value of the rino horn in this video

made his century :rofl3: .... heard he was taking them to Southerby's in New Your

[video=youtube;uxXsiKYDPEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxXsiKYDPEs[/video]

Last edited:
LOL, I will say I gave work a three week notice and they really do not want me to leave but they have not come to me with a counter offer yet. I suspect they will but it will not be enough. Like I said before, I will still come up to dive as my wife and son will not be moving with me at this time. They will remain here until Wade finishes out the school year and then they'll join me. I talked with Phill last night, sound like you'll found a potential spot. How was the current in the river? is it up from last year? I sure hope so, last year it was so low all the fair wether divers showed up during the summer.

I got a lot done yesterday, got the yard done, got the truck washed and the wifey even let me wash the corvette although I was not allowed to drive it yesterday, still have not been able to drive it after that little "Drifting" incident when I was driving last weekend with her in the car, LOL:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom