Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need to get my butt down there and do some diving. W e need to make a road trip. I swear I am going to work less hours this year then I have in the past. I need to spend more time away from work. I say we all nail down a date and GOOOOOOOO~!!!

P3026291.jpgP3026292.jpgP3026293.jpg[video=youtube;hQGmbpsMb4s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGmbpsMb4s[/video]

Nice teeth. That looks like it has some good serrations on it. Thanks for sharing, now I am really going through withdraws, lol

yep. Powell was right. She said it was a beauty. Got that more thin shape and huge high quality root. Man that tooth is in good shape. That is a keeper for sure. That is a high dollar specimen. It is possible we may meet Rick. I always visit with Debra when I visit Venice

Some nice megs scubadaddee!.. Did you find all that stuff in the same area? If so, It kinda looks like the Megalodon's main diet up there was people who drank coke and smoked pipes!..LOL cool stuff!

I really enjoyed the sound from Rick's reg. when he picked up the Meg. Care to share what you said Rick?

LOL.. I get so excited when I find a nice meg underwater... I believe I said "Oh Yeah"...LOL... I kinda said it to my self.. but I guess not..lol. The spot I found that meg I had hit hard, and had done dozens of dives on last year. This just goes to show that The Venice Boneyard replenishes itself every year. A lot of people think it's picked out, it's not. You just don't want to dive a spot in the fall that has had 30-40 divers searching over it..lol Spring is awesome! All our winter storms have uncovered and moved the bottom around. By the end of June and July I would estimate that the boneyard has had over 2-3,000 divers searching around down there. Fortunately, the "Boneyard" as they call it, encompasses over 20-30 square miles, and the majority of it is never seen by any divers... IMO.. Here, we've all heard stories of how it "used to be". They say people wouldn't wast their time picking up a meg that was under 4-5", and they would fill 5 gallon buckets full of fossils. I say, I'm happy to be "here now", every find is exciting to me. The more I do it the more I "love the hunt".

Back
Top Bottom