Any decent Provincetown dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strippers have been there the last couple of weekends. I saw a couple that were as big as my tickle stick. They definitly like divers and will follow you for the entire dive. Last dive they followed me all the way back to shore were I stood up and took off my fins.

I just hope the fishermen don't realize this or our dive flags will be their casting bulls eye.

STB is a perfect easy dive for recent cert. you'll have a great time.

Temps are likely to be in the mid 50's though (at STB), never seems to get much warmer than that. maybe rubberduck has some recent temps...another plus is that there is a dive shoppe (auqa center) less then a 1/2 mile from the beach.

also you can try Corporation Beach in North Dennis (a bit closer to P-Town) That's a very very pretty dive on a calm day. there is a jetty/breakwater there. you'll want to head directly out over the other side of the jetty/breakwater. The other side of the beach is all sand. Corporation is a great beach for a family dive day...kiddos love the clean soft sand, shells, while if you head out over the jetty there's medium sized boulders and eel grass, pretty diverse topography (that the right word?)

Though with most of the south shore STB and Corporation are shallow and best dove/dived at high tide

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom