Any chance Morrison is clear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Eternal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We postponed our mill pond dives today until tomorrow for better weather, but are looking for a place to maybe do a dive at this afternoon. Any chances Morrison is clear?

We'll find out this weekend. Hope it's not black for more than 25 feet.

I would guess you'd find SOME vis at or below 25', but its not gonna be gin until the cavern and you likely won't have any ambient light...

Did not end up trying it today, figured it was probably a pretty low chance of being decent and I have terrible luck there (tried to dive it on 2 separate occasions so far and both have been pointless - 6" or less of vis)

Its ok, save the gas for the caves in the morning.

It has about 18" of viz at the surface as of Monday!

As of Saturday, 3-20, 1300 hrs, the log is at 30 feet, and viz broke at 40 to gin. Though it took a bit to get to gin, the ambient lignt was apparent at 20 feet, where in January it was at about 5 ft. Overall viz was about 2 feet, but went deeper, where in January is was thicker (less than 1 ft) but went to gin at more shallow depth (at the log). Hope this makes sense. Before a debate begins let me say emphatically that WE DID NOT ENTER THE CAVE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom