Antigua: Dive boat leaves behind two scuba divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
That it may well be, but anything from that source needs to be confirmed before believe in my opinion. Glad that is was.

So what about posts in this form with incorrect information, or perhaps information that is incorrect in your opinion? Are you going to censor those as well? This smacks of a discussion I had with another mod who felt it was her responsibility to weigh in on every post to make sure the "correct" information was being conveyed. Maybe it's just me, but until now I've never experienced a forum where the mods felt it was their responsibility to filter and/ or correct information the forum users were posting or had access to.

Frankly, I never understood all the controversy over ****. They are often the first, sometimes the only source of dive related news. Usually, they are called into question because there are no other "reputable" news agencies confirming the story. In all the instances that I recall, **** has ultimatley been proven correct. So you're unnecessarily restricting one of the few sources of dive news in favor of other news agencies that have no interest in reporting diving related news, or often as not, are just as inaccurate in their reporting.

Ok fine - I am not a Mod or anything else but a supporting member on this board. Post your concerns on Support forum as they would be appropriate there. Here's a link

DandyDon:
Ya' think? Padi has lots of standards printed that they don't enforce. Padi requires every Op with their name to test their tank air quarterly, regardless of where they are, but - there is no enforcement unless a complaint is filed.

But with Padi being the most recognized agency, many divers think they can trust their standards.

Yeah, that was my point.

Jeff

I don't want to contribute to a peeing contest, but many of the articles at the other site can be found on this one.

I am confused. It is easy to state misconduct by another. Can proof be provided?

I would like to see DeepSeaExplorer start a discussion on the tabloid site on Support where the Admins will respond. This thread is no place to argue policy - but then, I didn't write any of it! :D

We introduce ourselves to one or two other buddy teams on the boat and agree to ensure that everyone is back aboard.

So what about posts in this form with incorrect information, or perhaps information that is incorrect in your opinion? Are you going to censor those as well?
Well, technically only a government can censor anything (by making something illegal). Freedom of the press is only a freedom for the guy who owns the press, or in this case, internet forum. As a guest, you don't actually have a right to post anything here or on any other forum. If you don't like how a site is run, you are free to get your own server and start your own forum to post links to wherever you want. Good luck with that...

My problem with C D N N :)eyebrow:) is that they seem to have had a history of lifting other journalist's stories and putting them on their server as if it were their own (sans attribution, or sometimes with the correct author but omitting the originating news source).

John

I disagree...

Those two guys should *OWN* that Dive Op at the end of this story...

Yep. Then in a few years send a couple friends to help the dive boat crew go for a dive with some concrete golashes.

Back
Top Bottom