Antigua: Dive boat leaves behind two scuba divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don, try C D N N . c o m (with the spaces removed). The storyline is attributed to "Day Tripper, The Sun". I agree, it is pretty difficult to trace back any further.

If you try to enter "C D N N" (with the spaces removed) in a ScubaBoard post, it is automatically substituted with asterisks: ****

Cheers,
carbon

carbon:
Don, try C D N N . c o m (with the spaces removed). The storyline is attributed to "Day Tripper, The Sun". I agree, it is pretty difficult to trace back any further.

If you try to enter "C D N N" (with the spaces removed) in a ScubaBoard post, it is automatically substituted with asterisks: ****

Cheers,
carbon
That is certainly not a reputable source, which is why SB blocks it. Can't help but wonder about the degree of truth in this story...??

The ORIGINAL story appeared at:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007400406,00.html

It was reprinted at the Cyber Divers News Network which is C D N N . info (not .com) and from there, posted on the forum. I believe ScubaBoard blocks C D N N in an effort to prevent others from visiting a competing site.

BladesRobinson:
The ORIGINAL story appeared at:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007400406,00.html

It was reprinted at the Cyber Divers News Network which is C D N N . info (not .com) and from there, posted on the forum. I believe ScubaBoard blocks C D N N in an effort to prevent others from visiting a competing site.
Not at all. SB allows links to any almost any competing site, i.e. Decostop, Singledivers, etc. Cyber Divers News Network not even a board, more like Underwater news, but the journalism so unreliable that it is blocked. The Sun seems to be a fantasy tabloic like the ones in the US that claim sitings of Big Foot, Elvis, and Extraterrestrials, and for Cyber Diver News to copy their story if further proof of how unfit they are for a source.

Today's The Sun Headlines....

sun.jpg

DandyDon:
The Sun seems to be a fantasy tabloic like the ones in the US that claim sitings of Big Foot, Elvis, and Extraterrestrials, ...

Today's The Sun Headlines....

sun.jpg

Oh pshaw, Don. These headlines just look strange to you because you live in the country. In the Big City, we're accustomed to such things, and find The Sun to be a veritable fount of wisdom and relevation.

derwoodwithasherwood:
Proof that married men live longer??? :rofl3:

Although it does sound funny, I can guarantee that if a my dive boat came back without me, my wife would have people looking for me in very short order. It's one of the nice things abouthaving a non-diving spouse.

Terry

Valwood1:
Oh pshaw, Don. These headlines just look strange to you because you live in the country. In the Big City, we're accustomed to such things, and find The Sun to be a veritable fount of wisdom and relevation.
I was careful to leave off the less than work-friendly features in the lower half - certainly a smut rag. But I guess some people have their tastes in news sources.

Web Monkey:
Although it does sound funny, I can guarantee that if a my dive boat came back without me, my wife would have people looking for me in very short order. It's one of the nice things abouthaving a non-diving spouse.

Terry

As a boater, you are taught to always leave you travel itenierary on the dock or with someone. Info on departure time, time of return, who is going, coordinents. I guess that is what needs to be done...Make sure you let people know you are going diving and some specifics, like the boat you are going on, time of return etc...Hopefully someone will miss you.:popcorn: CYA is the name of the game.

Flightlead:
I don't understand why operators don't do something a more positive. Why not have a stack of numbered discs or something. hand one to each diver as they board. have the diver take it with them on the dive and hand the tag back to the dm when they get back on board after the dive.

+1

Coal miners have used this system for decades. Takes the fudging factor out of life and death situations wherein a person may be missing.

Other lessons learned?

SCUBA diving is a demanding, dangerous activity that demands proper training and experience.

Plan for worst case scenarios. http://www.landfallnavigation.com/spwff1.html

Expensive?

Cheap if you end up using it!

:coffee:

Hmm. The article in that supermarket rag mentions hurricane Dean. That was in the area as a tropical storm around August 16th.

Maybe this is all fiction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom