Another wetsuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Longstocking

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok.... I'm thinking of getting a wetsuit... I live by cold waters and plan to dive up here (Maryland) ... but I also plan on diving down south in the Carribean, NC.... and many more places...

Now.... the thread below this one.... was great info.... but I'm tall .... 5'10-5'11 so bare suits won't work... or at least I don't think they will....

I've been in quite a few wetsuits over my life.... but all rented or borrowed (mostly bodyglove). Mostly men wetsuits have fit me.... womens suits are too short in the torso and legs.... but mens suits either crush my breasts and are too big in the arm pit area.

I can give my measurements if that helps at all... or pm them....

I tried on a Henderson.... legs were too short... torso as well. I have a 32 inch inseam. It was one of their older suits though... not hyperstretch.

I did buy a .5 mm tilos medium unizsex that fit me quit well but a skin is a little bit different :wink:

Henderson does have a long large suit. It might fit. I'm not sure what your measurements are...they also do custom suits but you might not need it for a hyperstretch.
Call the guys at crazyscuba.com, they're experts in fit. I only dive hyperstretch now, they are great suits!
www.crazyscuba.com
their number is 866-696-6090.
They can help.

good luck!!!

I believe Harveys would have a long size that might be worth a try. They also have the Flex suits, similar to the Henderson Hyperstretch.

You might want to try a Sea Quest. Aquaventures in Cockeysville north of Baltimore sells them. OK so I am a guy, but I went through a LOT of suits trying to find one which fitted. Also the mares isotherm semi dry was very popular in the VA Beach area and as it is a semi-dry you don't have to worry as much about a perfect fit.

I'm 5'9" and have a Bare that fits fine...they do run small I think. I had to go up 2 sizes from my clothing size to get the right fit.

ty.... I think I'm going to be the same way.... only reason I would end a dive is too cold ! ( other than not feeling well )

I'll probably end up with a mans suit.... what frustrated me....

The men's suits online have torso and inseam measurements.... most womens suits don't ! grrrrrrrrrr sometimes i get so jealous of men ! I thought for sure a henderson would fit me from what everyone said on here.... legs were WAY too short ! :(

One word: CUSTOM

Back
Top Bottom