Another UK newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Shaun

Indeed it is!

When I worked in Cairns I mixed my time between doing the PADI O/W instruction stuff on a 5 day package, extended trips to the Coral sea and also, towards the end of my time there day trips out from Cairns with a company called Sunlover Cruises. We used to sail past Fitzroy island to get to the reef where our pontoon was (can't remeber the name of the reef!). At the tip of Fitzroy there was a tiny little rock sticking oupt of the water with a small tree goring in it. We used to announce over the tannoy on the boat that if people looked out of the port side of the boat they could see one of the last known habitats of the rare aquatic koala. This was met by ooooooos and aaaaahhhhhhhs from thr many gullible tourists on the boat! Further on was sand key where the guests were reliably informed could be seen the elusive o-me-doodle bird. So named because, by some bizare quirk of nature, the poor thing was blessed with no legs, and if it landed on the sand bank by mistakle, rather than the sea, it could be heard chirping o me doodle, o me doodle.

I leave it to you to guess which nation was reeled in with the childish pranks!!! :D

>>I leave it to you to guess which nation was reeled in with the childish pranks!!!<<
Diplomacy prevents me from answering..… or could it be national embarrassment. ;-)

Diplomacy would stop you from mentioning who, but certainly not national embarrassment, unless of course you are an American living in Kent. Damn, I knew I shouldn't have said it!

Do you think so?

And there was me only joining up last Friday and soon to be up in front of the lynch mob.

Nice talking to y.............

:hanged:

Back
Top Bottom