Another UK newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Shaun

Yes, that's some ways from here.

I didnt know you could dive in Bewl Water? If so, I doubt it's much use! It's pretty murky.

(Don't tell anyone, but I don't dive in the UK anymore!)

Regards
Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes, that's some ways from here<<
Navigation was never my strongest point! I thought it was just over the border in East Sussex from you - better dig out my map again.

Regards,

Shaun

Hi Shaun

If I recall Bewl is pretty shallow and murky. I would have thought one of those lovely quarries in the Midlands would be so much more inviting :D

You may also find your head being sliced open by the keel of a yacht!

Regards
Jim

You must know something I don't know....
>>I would have thought one of those lovely quarries in the Midlands would be so much more inviting <<
Do such places exist?
:lol:

Regards,

Shaun

Bewl is actually quite deep - there's a village at the bottom!

I used to sail there as a kid. I don't think there is any diving there though - as mentioned it is rather busy with all those dingys and windf surfers.

Jonathan

Hi stand corrected! Thanks Jonathan. If there is a village at the bottom then I would have thought it would be a worthy dive. But still not as nice as those lovely quarries oop north!:D

From what I'd seen on the web the place possibly looked worthy of a visit, hence my questions...

>>Bewl is actually quite deep << Which is more attractive than most of the SE's ponds... Leybourne at 9m, Wraysbury at 12m, Lakeside 12m etc.

>>there's a village at the bottom!<< Again... something more interesting than the normal dead cars that typically adorn inland sites...

I see from the PADI web site
www.padi.com/padi/offices/pil/news/pil_aware/022502-britishdivers/
that there was even a "Marine Mammal Medic Course" organised there last January! Can't be many whale or dolphin sightings in inland reservouirs
:D

Regards,

Shaun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom