Another Travis Boat Dive

Which Weekend and Time Works Best for You??

• Weekend of Oct 6/7 - A.M. Dives

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Weekend of Oct 6/7 - P.M. Dives

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Weekend of Oct 20/21 - A.M. Dives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend of Oct 20/21 - P.M. Dives

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm signed up for both dives. I have a head-cold today, so I'm a little worried about whether I can dive this weekend. If anyone can fill my spot(s), I would appreciate it. I will be there if no one fills, but it's an awesome dive and it'd be a shame to not use the spot. This dive is a lot of fun!!

I'm signed up for both dives. I have a head-cold today, so I'm a little worried about whether I can dive this weekend. If anyone can fill my spot(s), I would appreciate it. I will be there if no one fills, but it's an awesome dive and it'd be a shame to not use the spot. This dive is a lot of fun!!

Dude, as much as I would enjoy meeting you...don't-IMO, go diving with a 'head cold', just not worth it....always another day.

Dude, as much as I would enjoy meeting you...don't-IMO, go diving with a 'head cold', just not worth it....always another day.

There you go, Bri...see what a much nicer guy Alan is than me!? Ha!

I told Brian in an email earlier to go to Walgreen's for some NyQuil and get over it! Personally, I think he'd just rather go to Trashfest and dive with this little cutie he's trying to hook up with! :rofl3:

Seriously, I might have someone to cover your spot Brian...stay tuned.

You're an @$$!! That cutie is probably on this board! If I think it's safe to dive to 100', I'll go on the boat dive, but the 10' in Comal is a helluvalot different than 100' when sinus-crud is involved.

This should probably go on a different forum, but this brings up the question of how do you know if the sinuses are clear enough for safe diving w/o blowing an ear drum first?

I can breathe better today, but I don't know if that's just from the drugs (i.e. temporary) or if it's actually clearing. Anyone have tips for knowing before the dive?

This should probably go on a different forum, but this brings up the question of how do you know if the sinuses are clear enough for safe diving w/o blowing an ear drum first?

I can breathe better today, but I don't know if that's just from the drugs (i.e. temporary) or if it's actually clearing. Anyone have tips for knowing before the dive?

Each of us are different...and over time in your diving you will develop a sense to know when 'you' are ok for diving. You might consider an ENT visit....never hurts for an occasional check up.

And remember that the pressure gradient while diving is the greatest in the upper 30-40ft. or so of the water column.....so diving to 10 or 100 feet in terms of clearing your ears is no different.

Best in feeling better.

You're an @$$!!

Yes, sad, but true...but usually a pretty funny one! :D

Gonna miss you on the dive Saturday! There's still space on the p.m. boat. If you get to feelin' better let me know.

John,

Don't forget your underwater camera for the dive tomorrow. Visibility is supposed to be amazing.

I am really looking forward to another great day of local diving.

Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

Thats right KValve remember your camera tomorrow morning.

It will be a great day of diving. Look forward to seeing everyone out there on the Lake.

Back
Top Bottom