Another Travis Boat Dive

Which Weekend and Time Works Best for You??

• Weekend of Oct 6/7 - A.M. Dives

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Weekend of Oct 6/7 - P.M. Dives

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Weekend of Oct 20/21 - A.M. Dives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend of Oct 20/21 - P.M. Dives

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

where do you dive at hell gate? OR THE CLIFFS.

Shawn (Buba Dives) will take us just about anywhere we want to go out on Travis. I've dove over at Starnes Island with him and the cliffs under the Oasis and Tom Hughes Park. So, it's completely up to us as far as the when, where, and what time goes. :)

So John, ....any feel for a date/time frame?

So John, ....any feel for a date/time frame?

Well, of course, we can't agree on anything...that would be so unlike a diving forum. :rofl3:

It's split between a morning dive on the 6th and an afternoon dive on the 20th. I'll call Shawn (Buba Dives) in the next few days and ask him what his openings are. Maybe that'll be the deciding factor for us. If not...I'll just pick if we don't have a better consensus. :D

Well, of course, we can't agree on anything...that would be so unlike a diving forum. :rofl3:

It's split between a morning dive on the 6th and an afternoon dive on the 20th. I'll call Shawn (Buba Dives) in the next few days and ask him what his openings are. Maybe that'll be the deciding factor for us. If not...I'll just pick if we don't have a better consensus. :D

John thanks again for ALL your efforts and leg work!

I may be open for morning on the 6th. if around 10am or afternoon slot.....the weekend of the 20th I will be in Arkansas.

You get what works best for Shawn and you....I/we will do our best also to join in. :wink:

We? Is the ever-elusive Frank planning to join the group?

:11:

'We' as in whom ever else can make the trek. :)

John,

Let us know what you find out from Shawn regarding his availability.
I sent him an email tonight right after the Cowboys finished kicking the behinds of last year's NFC champions up in Chicago. :D Hopefully, I'll hear back from Shawn tomorrow and let everyone know in plenty of time to make plans for the dives.

Ya'll have a great Monday!

I heard back from Shawn this afternoon. We're all set for 10:00 a.m. Saturday, October 6th. If we have enough interest Shawn is willing to go out again around 2:45 or 3:00 for a second trip.

Anyone who is interested in going out please send me a PM so I can put your name on the list, send you my cell phone number (if you have questions, or get lost), and give you the code to the gate at Keller's Marina. I'll also need to know what dives you're interested in:

A. Morning only (10:00-2:00)
B. Afternoon only (3:00-7:00)
C. SCUBA Junkie...will do both trips

Miscellaneous Important Details
1. Get to the dock in time to get all of your gear loaded. The Buba Dives boat is moored at Keller's Marina. Here's a link to a map to get you there: 15911 Edwards Dr, Austin, TX 78734, USA - Google Maps. Don't make the mistake of going to Emerald Point Marina by Carlos' & Charlie's. Keller's Marina is near there, but it is NOT the same place. Follow the map! I'm going to try to be there by 9:00 a.m.

2. The gate to the marina may be closed. If it is all you have to do is input the code I'll send everyone who's going out. It's not tricky. You just type in the code and the gate slides open. Viola!

3. The cost is $30/person per trip. If we can fill the boat (6 divers) the cost is a flat rate of only $100, or about $17 each. I'm confident we'll fill at least the morning boat, bring $30 cash just in case someone doesn't show. We'll all pay up when we board the boat. Bring $60 if you're doing both trips.

3. If you feel like being organized you can go to the Buba Dives website and download the forms to fill out in advance. You'll find them here: Buba-_Forms. I'm not sure how they're going to print out, but I do know Shawn D. will take 'em as long as you fill in all the blanks and sign them.

4. Each trip will be a two tank dive. You have to bring all of your own gear including your tanks and a safety sausage. If you don't have a safety sausage Shawn will loan you one of his. If you're doing both trips bring 4 tanks. There won't be time to get fills in between runs.

5. Don't worry about having a buddy. We'll make sure you have one before you hit the water.

6. We usually find anchors and miscellaneous other item lost by boat owners with more money than sense. :) That said, I'd recommend bringing a lift bag and reel if you have one. Last trip we found 5 anchors and a brand new 2.5 HP gasoline outboard motor.

7. Bring something to drink and snack on just like you would for any dive. We can combine coolers if we need to.

Let's go divin'!!!!!! I'm putting my name down as a "C Diver" or SCUBA junkie. I'm definitely up for two trips because this is going to be a blast!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom