Another Seattle area visitor looking for diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

janneppi

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
and greetings from Finland.

I'm visiting Seattle area for about a months time around mid Jan. to mid Feb next year and since I'm an active diver back here I'd like to know if diving scene is alive during winter. From the previous "Visiting Seattle..." post I got an idea that people are diving all year round so things look very promising.

About my diving and education in general. I hold RD and EANx certs from PADI and P3 from CMAS (an unknown agency to people in the US I guess) I also have Ice Diver and Deep Diver certs from the Finnish Divers' Federation, which works under CMAS standards. At the moment I have 300+ dives making 229 hours in total dive time. Dives I usually do are around 30-40meters (90-130ft) with a usual maximum dive time of 60minutes, depending on site and conditions ofcourse. My usual gear configuration is dir-style set with a wing style bcd, steel backplate and 12litre 200bar (80cf 3000psi) double tanks.

I'd like to get good contacts to local diveshops and diving enthusiasts and would really appreciate if somebody would take me diving with them, preferably a group that dives on doubles. During my stay in the US while not at work I don't have anything else than time to dive. :)

So, to cut a long story short, should I pack my gear when coming over or not?

Thanks a bunch!

da_jab:
Hi all,
and greetings from Finland.

I'm visiting Seattle area for about a months time around mid Jan. to mid Feb next year and since I'm an active diver back here I'd like to know if diving scene is alive during winter. From the previous "Visiting Seattle..." post I got an idea that people are diving all year round so things look very promising.

About my diving and education in general. I hold RD and EANx certs from PADI and P3 from CMAS (an unknown agency to people in the US I guess) I also have Ice Diver and Deep Diver certs from the Finnish Divers' Federation, which works under CMAS standards. At the moment I have 300+ dives making 229 hours in total dive time. Dives I usually do are around 30-40meters (90-130ft) with a usual maximum dive time of 60minutes, depending on site and conditions ofcourse. My usual gear configuration is dir-style set with a wing style bcd, steel backplate and 12litre 200bar (80cf 3000psi) double tanks.

I'd like to get good contacts to local diveshops and diving enthusiasts and would really appreciate if somebody would take me diving with them, preferably a group that dives on doubles. During my stay in the US while not at work I don't have anything else than time to dive. :)

So, to cut a long story short, should I pack my gear when coming over or not?

Thanks a bunch!
Sure ... you won't have any difficulties finding dive buddies. My circle of regular dive buddies mostly dives DIR-style ... or at a minimum they are familiar enough with the DIR-style of diving that you and they would be comfortable with each other. Many dive doubles, though not all.

Fifth Dimension is the local DIR shop here, and there are a bunch of friendly divers that meet two or three times a week for after-work diving at our local dive hangout (Cove 2 in West Seattle) ... you'll typically find some of them out there on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

Drop me a line when you are ready to head over, and I'll dive with you ... as well as introduce you to some of my fellow diving enthusiasts.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bring the gear.. Penty of divers to go out and play with. Plenty of great sites to keep you from getting bored.. and the critters... oh.. my...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom