• Scubapro MK16/s550

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Scubapro MK2+/R380

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Atomic Aquatics ZI

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Aqua Lung Titan LX

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (in the same price range $200-350)

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go Fish

Reaction score
I got my OW certification a year ago, but will just now be getting into diving. I want a good quality reg. (doesn't have to be the absolute best out there) for diving mainly out of Florida and the Gulf Coast. I found the regs above on Rodale's, and all had good ratiings. I was hoping you all could help me narrow down the search. My price range is $200 to 350 for the reg.(prices from leisurepro.com) Thanks.

P.S. - Diving mostly in warmer waters, less than 100 ft., spearfishing, etc. Let me know if you need any more info.

I bought a aqua lung legend lx and a oceanic zeta from leisure pro.com like both of them. The aqua lung seams to breather warmer then the zeta but the zeta seems to breath a little easer. The legend cost 360 the zeta cost around 320. Would buy either one of these again.

Go Fish once bubbled...
I got my OW certification a year ago, but will just now be getting into diving. I want a good quality reg. (doesn't have to be the absolute best out there) for diving mainly out of Florida and the Gulf Coast. I found the regs above on Rodale's, and all had good ratiings. I was hoping you all could help me narrow down the search. My price range is $200 to 350 for the reg.(prices from leisurepro.com) Thanks.

P.S. - Diving mostly in warmer waters, less than 100 ft., spearfishing, etc. Let me know if you need any more info.

I've had Aqualung regs since the Mid 80's (my oldest one is from 1974 - got it 2nd hand) and I've never had any problems with them. My latest one is a Legend LX supreme and I would recommend it to anyone.

The Titan is a solid reg. Simple, robust, easy to maintain and a good performer in the price range. It's not a coincidence that you see them a lot in rental stock...... I can't say much about the other regs on your list but the Titan is good value for money.

R..

I just got an Atomic B1 reg. The owner of my LDS, and my dive buddy both have the same one, and swear by Atomic. I should get it this week, and I am going out with it nearly as soon as I get it, so I will let you know what it's like when I have tried it for myself!:D

Hermione once bubbled...
I just got an Atomic B1 reg. The owner of my LDS, and my dive buddy both have the same one, and swear by Atomic. I should get it this week, and I am going out with it nearly as soon as I get it, so I will let you know what it's like when I have tried it for myself!:D

I just finished my pool dives this weekend. I tried a Scubapro G250 and an Oceanic reg. Both seemed to do ok but then at various times both seemed to "pull harder" while breathing. Keep in mind they are rental regs so it would not be fair to judge them on this test. I did however try my instructors Atomic B1 - T1 (I think this was the combo) and it was like night and day, NO comparison! I'm either going with an Apeks reg, ATX50 or ATX200, but most likely with an Atomic, as it's lighter and more compact in addition to everything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom