Question 2 Video lights for 1000 $ budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elZub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello folks,

I wish to bring my GoPro 11 underwater,
I’m new to video underwater video so I‘m not sure about lights set up.
I saw on Aliexpress, or cheap light on Amazon, but I’m afraid to spend maybe 200$ to understand I need more Quality.

at this time my budget is not more than 1000$ for 2 lights.

i saw kraken Hydra 4000 but is constant light , I cannot chose the power and I’m afraid to use for example in night dive to wash out everything in the video. Does it a true fact or just my paranoid?

what I like about it is the elevared CRI range 90

my step is to buy also a close up - macro lense (as a Backscatter )to use with the two lights But I’m not only for macro..but in my environment ..the Mediterranean sea, I don’t see sharks or big whales to shot by my GoPro .

I also found good price on sola 3800 but I think is an old model, with low CRI.

anyway what do you suggest?

let me know.

I have had very good luck with my pair of nitescuba NSV60's. 6,000 lumens, a very wide angle, CRI of 90, no hot spots, a run time on high of 40 + min, and $160USD at AliExpress. Have used them for about 120 dives with no issues. At that price they are hard to beat.

I have had very good luck with my pair of nitescuba NSV60's. 6,000 lumens, a very wide angle, CRI of 90, no hot spots, a run time on high of 40 + min, and $160USD at AliExpress. Have used them for about 120 dives with no issues. At that price they are hard to beat.
Even this , is constant 6k lumens, do you think is ok for macro or close up? Especially during night dive?

Even this , is constant 6k lumens, do you think is ok for macro or close up? Especially during night dive?
It has three levels, 6,000 is high. The lower two levels are less and much less.

It has three levels, 6,000 is high. The lower two levels are less and much less.
You are right, I will check.
i also found supa by scubalamp…what do you think about it?

You are right, I will check.
No idea

I’m using two BigBlue VL4000P video lights and after several hundred dives I have no complaints. They are robust, compact, bright and simple to use. I purchased a pair of them for $540 shipped a few years ago.

Several years ago I purchased two ScubaLamp 1800 video lights. BOTH lights flooded at the switch on the first dive. Granted, these are entry level lights, but I have avoided the brand since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom