Another PLB thread-split from Oklahoma couple goes missing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C
That's totally new. It might be true, but if it were and they failed, I think it'd be in all of the news stories.

Get us proof if you can.

ACR has the best.
It's 2nd hand account messages from someone who personally knows the couple.

Also, ACR says it's only rated for 33 feet for an hour? Or am I reading this wrong?

Also, ACR says it's only rated for 33 feet for an hour? Or am I reading this wrong?
There no PLB’s rated for scuba depths on their own. You need to put it in a canister like the DryFob:

DRYFOB - DRYFOB

Doesn’t anyone want to discuss PLBs?

Nautilus Lifeline is NOT a PLB. It is a PAB. It sends MOB (Man Over Board) VHF (30-300 MHz) marine radio signal to any boat equipped with AIS / DSC (Google what they are if you’re interested) within few miles. So it’s surface to surface signal, unlike PLB that sends 406 MHz signal vertically towards the sky to SAR satellites, which is monitored by NOAA and relaying the lost-at-sea signal to Coast Guard. So, PAB will send signal to nearby boats, no Coast Guard required.
@Okie_Diver

Doesn’t anyone want to discuss PLBs?
I'll play...........

Even in white out rain conditions the other deck passengers would probably hear a storm/hyper whistle (no batteries needed). Mine has worked for me before.

Hyper-Whistle.jpg

I'll play...........

Even in white out rain conditions the other deck passengers would probably hear a storm/hyper whistle (no batteries needed). Mine has worked for me before.

View attachment 853438
Hmmmm. Did you see the GMA interview with the divers and how they were misplaced? From their point of view?

Hmmmm. Did you see the GMA interview with the divers and how they were misplaced? From their point of view?
I just looked at that story; I see nothing about "misplaced."

I just looked at that story; I see nothing about "misplaced."
You missed that they got knocked off the line, in a squall, couldn't get back to the line on their own?

The boat searched, they saw the boat but the boat didn't see them?

I can tell you, I've lost divers too from a sister to the Fling. You would be unlikely to hear a noisemaker over the Detroits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom