Another memory format to deal with!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
dagnamit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

found this while looking for another memory card, looks like Olympus have sold us out!

http://www.jessops.com/xd/index.cfm

They have worked with fuji to make XD memory that can go store up to 8 gigs of pics, and they are making adapters so they can be used in compact flash readers and cameras.

didn't say anything about smartmedia!

i sent Olympus UK a snot mail, complaining about the stab in the back to existing Oly owners with smart media cards, so i will let you know.

might be worth every one asking the question as well

:(

I have a Nikon CP880 (no housing) that uses CF cards. I wonder what that adapter will be like? Will it fit inside that little slot? How will that effect how those cameras using CF fit into their housings?

Did you hear anything about the cost of those 8G cards???

Dee once bubbled...
I have a Nikon CP880 (no housing) that uses CF cards. I wonder what that adapter will be like? Will it fit inside that little slot? How will that effect how those cameras using CF fit into their housings?

The new xD card is a lot smaller than the CF cards, the xD cards slot inside a CF adaptor, so to the camera it looks like a CF card.

Did you hear anything about the cost of those 8G cards???

not yet, but the article hinted that the cost would be considerable less, due to the fact that it would be used by all cameras....except Smart Media that is! ;-0

Clive Francis,
Good pickup, and thanks for the info.
Please keep us posted on any further developments.
That 8 gig memory size would sure make things easier on a trip.
From another (soon to be wet) Oly user.
Good Luck,
Mike

Back
Top Bottom